Preparing for an Admission Exam
Weekly Goals (PDF)
The keys to preparing for a major admission exam are staying organized and setting goals for yourself. Provided here is a template for listing out your weekly study assignments.
Academic Success Coaching
Coaching can be especially helpful to students who are juggling challenging coursework, extracurriculars, and test preparation. Set up an Academic Coaching meeting to get help with time management, organization, school-life balance, and goal-setting.
Study Tips for Professional School Entrance Exams
The Center for Academic and Professional Success teamed up with the Tutoring and Testing Center to create a video including some great study tips for professional school entrance exams.
Resources Available in the TTC
The Tutoring and Testing Center is proud to offer a Lending Library to enhance your test preparation. Study guides are available for a 2-week checkout period. We even have flashcards available for in-house study. Stop by the Testing Services front desk to see current options.
Proctoring Practice Exams
The best way to take a timed practice exam is to have it proctored in Testing Services. This will give you the experience of taking it a realistic testing environment that is distraction-free. Bring in any practice professional or graduate admission exam to be proctored in the Testing Center, just call (954) 262-8374 to reserve your room. Not available during Midterm or Finals weeks.
- Mock MCAT - Each Spring Break, Summer Break, and Winter Break, Testing Services will proctor the Mock MCAT. Sign up to take an official AAMC practice exam at a discounted rate in a distraction-reduced testing environment with your NSU peers.
- Mock GRE - Offered any day; the TTC has 3 mock GRE exams students can attempt.
- For all other mock exams students must bring in their own exam, the TTC can direct you to a few websites that offer free practice tests.
To strengthen your reading speed and comprehension, Testing Services provides space with a computer to engage in Read Speeder. This free Speed Reading Course helps strengthen your concentration and is designed to take 12 half-hour sessions to complete. Call to schedule your appointment.
Each year the TTC will offer a series of workshops for the various exams. In this workshop, we will discuss what to expect the day of, breakdown the exam structure, build a study schedule, and learn about resources available to help you prepare for your exam.
Unable to attend? Here are the recordings for each workshop: GRE, MCAT, and DAT/OAT.
Links to Official Admission Exam Websites
- MCAT – Medical College Admission Test
- OAT – Optometry Admission Test
- DAT – Dental Admission Test
- PCAT – Pharmacy College Admission Test
- GRE – Graduate Record Examination
- LSAT – Law School Admission Test
- GMAT- Graduate Management Admission Test
Pre-Health Professions Advising
The Tutoring and Testing Center is proud to be in partnership with Center for Academic and Professional Success to assist students entering the field of healthcare. Please check out NSU Pre-Health Advising for more information.