Eligible employees and dependents who reside in Puerto Rico have access to world-class medical and dental coverage available through Triple-S Salud, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Puerto Rico.
Employees have 30 days to enroll in benefits from day of hire.
|Monthly Employer Contribution
|Monthly Employee Contribution
|Employee + 1
|Employee + Family
Download the 2024 Plan summary in English
Download the 2024 Plan summary in SPANISH
NEW FOR 2024!
(NEW) Employee Assistance Program through APS OptiMind
Para ver información sobre el beneficio de asistencia al empleado en español HAGA CLIC AQUÍ
SALUS Clinics offer various services with over twenty (20) specialties in a single location. Electronic medical records are used for quick access to participant information. The services offered may vary based on availability at different clinic locations. These locations are:
Voluntary Benefits through ICUBA
Puerto Rico employees are eligible for additional voluntary benefits which are managed through ICUBA, our benefit products manager. These benefits include:
To enroll, log in to the ICUBA portal here.
(Please note that optional life insurance benefits has a waiting period of 90 days from your hire date)
- Short Term and Long Term Disability coverage are available for employees who reside in Puerto Rico. For more information, e-mail the benefits department at email@example.com
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to all Puerto Rico employees and eligible dependents through APS Optimind. This benefit offer employees access to licensed clinicians 24/7, ensuring immediate and confidential support for a wide range of personal and professional challenges like mental health, legal and financial orientation.
Please visit the NSU Puerto Rico 401(k) Plan page for more details.
Leave of Absences for Puerto Rico Employees
- Family and Medical Leave Act
The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) of 1993 was established to help employees balance their work and family responsibilities by allowing them to take unpaid, job-protected, leaves of absence for certain health-related and personal events. When FMLA leave is approved, employees are required to use their available paid time off to remain paid during leave except as outlined by the Puerto Rico Working Mothers Act.
- Paid Maternity Leave
- The Puerto Rico Working Mothers Act provides exempt and non-exempt pregnant employees with eight weeks of maternity leave at full pay, upon commencement of maternity leave. The Working Mothers Act also provides female employees who adopt a child that is five years old or younger, and not yet enrolled in school, with paid maternity leave beginning on the date the child is adopted and received by the family.
- NSU's Short-term Disability Program
Short Term Disability (STD) benefits are available to employees in an eligible classes who have successfully completed 90 days of employment and have an approved disability period certified by NSU's designated leave administrator, Lincoln Financial. STD benefits are payable after employees have met the 7 day exclusion period defined by the program and/or exhausted their available paid time off before the end of the disability period approved by Lincoln Financial. Benefits are not paid during the 7-day exclusion period and when employees have sufficient available paid time off to cover an approved disability period.
- How to request a leave
Qualifying Life Events
There are special circumstances which may allow you to make mid-year benefit election changes, referred to as Qualifying Life Events. These can include, but are not limited to, changes in your eligibility, changes in your marital status, changes in your number of eligible dependents (birth/adoption), changes in spouse/dependent eligibility such as their gain or loss of other qualified coverage, and certain changes in your employment status.
To initiate a Qualifying Life Event, please contact Vanessa Blanco at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Life events MUST be processed through NSU and not directly with Triple-S
For more information on enrolling for benefits, please contact Vanessa Blanco, Director of NSU Puerto Rico campus at email@example.com