Type of Aid
Need-based merit scholarship. Does not have to be repaid.
Available to eligible students of Hispanic origin. Applicants must apply during their senior year of high school.
- Must submit a fully completed error-free Florida Financial Aid Application during the last year in high school by April 1. Applicants will be ranked by their application submission date, if necessary. Applicant must ensure that either the high school principal or designee certifies online the student’s 7th semester unweighted cumulative GPA (min. of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale) to the Florida Office of Student Financial Assistance by a date established by the Florida Department of Education.
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) before May 15 and demonstrate a minimum of $2,000 in financial need.
- Be a Florida resident and a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant, loan, or scholarship program unless satisfactory arrangements to repay have been made.
- Be of Spanish culture, born in or having a natural parent who was born in either Mexico, or a Hispanic country of the Caribbean, Central or South America, regardless of race. Students of the Portuguese culture of Brazil are not considered for evaluation of a scholarship.
- Enroll as a degree-seeking student for a minimum of 12 credit each semester
Annual Award Amounts
For detailed information, visit the Florida Department of Education.