Type of Aid
- State-of-Florida Grant
- Must complete the FAFSA and all documents required
- Must meet Florida residency, citizenship, highest financial need and academic requirements.
- Limited funding available from the state
- Awarded to undergraduate students in the fall semester/term after the add/drop period, who have not received a first bachelor's degree, and based on exhibiting the highest financial need until state funds are exhausted.
- Must have completed financial aid file with no pending documents
- Must complete the NSU State Aid Application (unless completed in prior academic year, except if there was a 12-month enrollment break).
- Students enrolled in a program that indicates the student is considered a graduate after 90 credits will not be eligible for the FSAG.
- Students must be enrolled for at least 12 degree-applicable credits (9 credits for nursing students) by the end of the drop/add period for the first part of term.
- A renewal applicant must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 and earned 12 credit hours for each term the award was received. Credit hours earned during the previous summer can be counted toward the total number of credit hours required.
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant, loan, or scholarship program unless satisfactory arrangements to repay have been made.
Annual Award Amounts
- Award amounts are based on legislative allocations and are subject to change. Award amount is $2,000 ($1,000 for fall, and $1,000 for winter term)
For detailed information, visit the Florida Department of Education.