Genomics Core Facility Services
- DNA/RNA extraction and isolation
DNA/RNA Quality Control
- Agilent 2100 Bioanalyzer and 4200 TapeStation for sizing, quantification, and quality control
- Software generated RNA Integrity Number (RIN) and RIN equivalent (RINe) assess RNA quality
- Qubit 3.0 for fluorometric quantitation of DNA, RNA, or protein
- NanoDrop, a UV/Vis spectrophotometer for absorbance measurements of DNA, RNA, or protein
- Roche LightCycler 480 for highly accurate gene detection, gene expression analysis, genetic variation analysis, and array validation
Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS)
- DNA/RNA sequencing library generation, validation, and quantification
- Ilumina NextSeq 500 sequencing platform with capabilities of producing up to 400 million single reads or 800 million paired-end reads at read lengths of 75, 150, or 300 base pairs
Single Cell Sequencing
- Partitions single cells, nuclei, or high molecular weight gDNA from tens of thousands of individual cells using 10x Genomics’ Chromium platform
- Supports a broad range of applications, including single cell transcriptomics, cell type identification and single nucleotide variants discovery.
For more information about 10x Genomics Single Cell Sequencing please follow this link: https://support.10xgenomics.com
- nCounter Prep Station for automated fluidic handling of post-hybridized samples for digital examination of multiple pathways in a single tube in an extraction-free workflow
- nCounter Digital Analyzer for image data collection of color-coded single target-specific probes
For Sample Submissions, please see the Forms section.
Acknowledgements and Authorship
Please support us by acknowledging our services in your publications. This will support our applications for instrumentation grants and improve the quality of our services. Kindly add the following statement: "Research reported in this publication was made possible in part by the services of the Nova Southeastern University Genomics Core Facility."
If you feel that core personnel have contributed intellectually to your project, it is appropriate to share authorship. Please take a moment to review the ABRF Authorship Guidelines as these are community standards that most core facilities follow when there are questions regarding authorship.