Type of Aid
- State of Florida private institution grant: non-need based grant
- Must meet Florida residency, citizenship, and academic requirements
- Awarded to undergraduate students who have not received a first bachelor's degree.
- Must complete the NSU State Aid Application (unless completed in prior academic year, except if there was a 12-month enrollment break).
- Students enrolled in a program that indicates the student is considered a graduate after 90 credits will not be eligible for the EASE Grant.
- Students must be enrolled for at least 12 degree-applicable credits (9 credits for nursing students) by the end of the drop/add period for the first part of each term.
- A renewal applicant must have earned a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 and earned 12 credit hours for each term the award was received. Credit hours earned during the previous summer can be counted toward the total number of credit hours required.
- Must not owe a repayment or be in default under any state or federal grant, loan, or scholarship program unless satisfactory arrangements to repay have been made.
Annual Award Amounts
- Award amounts are based on legislative allocations and are subject to change. Award amount for the 2023-2024 academic year is $3,500 ($1,750 for fall, and $1,750 for winter semester)
For detailed information, visit the Florida Department of Education.
Florida EASE Accountability Report
Nova Southeastern University’s EASE Grant Performance Measures on Access Rate, Affordability Rate, Graduation Rate, Retention Rate and Postgraduate Employment Rate are specifically listed on the ICUF Dashboard at this link: ICUF (Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida) Dashboard.