Alcohol & Drug Use
Do you want to change your alcohol and drug use?
The Healthy Lifestyles Guided Self-Change Program offers professional service for individuals who are concerned about their alcohol and drug use and who want to take responsibility for guiding their own change.
You may want to change if you
- find your alcohol or drug use is affecting your relationships, job, or health
- drive after you drink or use drugs
- drink or use drugs during pregnancy
- take medications that interact with alcohol or drugs
- have a medical condition that is affected by alcohol or drugs (e.g., diabetes, high blood pressure)
- consume more than 8-12 drinks* a week or 2-3 drinks a day
Click here to assess your alcohol use
Click here to assess drug use
One drink is =
- 12 ounce (5%) can or bottle of beer or
- 5 ounce (12%) glass of wine or
1 ½ ounces (80 proof) of hard liquor (e.g., rum, whiskey, vodka) either straight or in a mixed drink