Top of Page
Skip main navigation
Photo by Zen Chung from Pexels

Temporary Attendance at Another Institution - Consortium Agreement

During your studies at Nova Southeastern University, you may wish to take a course or two at another institution to be transferred back to your NSU degree program. If this is of interest to you, you will need to complete at least one of two written agreements to avoid any unwelcome surprises.

Consortium Agreement 

A Consortium Agreement is entered into by two or more eligible institutions so that a student can continue to receive federal financial aid funds while studying at a school or organization other than his or her "home" institution. Before attending courses at another institution, follow the procedures below to ensure your coursework will seamlessly transfer, and you can receive the correct amount of financial aid.


  1. Download and print the NSU Consortium Agreement.

  2. Read the form thoroughly as it contains important information.

  3. Complete Section I. Use NSU's interactive Transfer Credit System to research NSU course equivalencies at other institutions.

  4. Discuss any questions you may have with your academic advisor and have your NSU academic advisor complete Section II.

  5. Work with the institution you plan on attending, referred to as the host institution. Both the host institution's registrar and financial aid offices must complete the next sections.

  6. Submit the form with all sections completed to NSU's financial aid office in person at the One-Stop Shop in the Horvitz building on the Fort Lauderdale/Davie Campus or by email to 

  7. If eligible, financial aid funds will be disbursed to your NSU student account. Before payment is processed, the Office of the University Bursar must confirm your registration with the host institution and determine if a payment is due to the host institution, to you, or both. 

Study Abroad Agreement

If you are planning on studying outside of the U.S., contact the Office of International Affairs for the completion of appropriate written agreements. A Consortium Agreement is only required if the study abroad institution/organization you will be attending is eligible to administer federal Title IV financial aid (federal grants, work-study, and direct loans). 

Return to top of page