If you have been offered a financial aid award at Nova Southeastern University, you have all your financial aid information at your fingertips in Self-Service Banner (SSB) which you can access through the university's secure online portal SharkLink. Follow the steps below to view your financial aid offer and associated requirements and to accept, modify, or decline your financial aid awards (Federal Work-Study and/or loans).
3. To further safeguard access to your account, you will be prompted to re-enter your login credentials and to verify your identity by entering a code sent to your cell phone.
4. In Self-Service Banner, click on "Financial Aid."
5. Click on Financial Aid Self-service.
6. In Self-Service Banner (SSB), ensure the correct award year is selected.
7. The Home Tab will display unsatisfied and satisfied requirements. You will also be notified of outstanding requirements by NSU email.
2. To accept your Federal Work-Study (FWS) award offer, select "Accept." The FWS "Amount' field is highlighted in green and displays "Accepting" as the action is being processed. Click "Submit" to confirm the action.
3. Once action is confirmed, the FWS "Amount" status changes to "Accepted."
2. Once you click on "Decline" the "Amount" field will highlight in red and display "Declining" as the action is being processed. Scroll to the bottom and click "Submit."
3. When declined, the amount for each term changes to $0.00, and the "Amount" column status displays "Declined."
2. Delete the amount in the "Modified Amount" field and enter the desired amount. No dollar sign ($) or decimal point (.) is required. Click "Ok."
3. The modified amount will highlight in green. You will notice that the total award is split into equal award amounts per term. Scroll to the bottom and click "Submit" to confirm the modified amount.
4. Once the action is processed, the "Amount" column will display "Accepted."
2. To accept all loans and amounts, select "Accept" from the drop down menu. The "Amount" column will highlight in green and display "Accepting" as the action being processed. Click "Submit" to confirm.
3. Upon submission, the "Amount" column will display "Accepted."
2. The loan amount status changes to "Declined."
Debt Management Tip
It is important to keep in mind that every dollar you borrow must be repaid with interest. Many times students simply accept their entire award without taking the time to understand what that will mean in terms of student loan repayment. This can result in students graduating with unmanageable debt. See "Why Reduce My Loans" from the NSU Debt Squad.
2. Delete the amount in the "Modified Amount" field and enter the desired amount.
3. The modified amount is highlighted in green and displays "Accepting" as the action that is being processed. Notice that the cumulative total of -$15,250 is adjusted to -$13,750 to reflect the modified award amount. Click "Submit."
4. Once the action is confirmed, the "Amount" status changes to "Accepted."