Forms & Policies and Procedures

Frequently Asked Questions

Investigators should contact their college representative which may be found here.

No. The IRB office no longer requires 23 copies of your submission documents.  If your study requires full review, please submit 2 copies and 1 original of your submission documents.

Contact your college representative.

Yes. Please contact your College Representative (see list) for your college's representative.

College Representatives are responsible for determining exempt status. In no instance is an investigator permitted to make that determination.

Yes. There are a few things you must remember:

Approval is only good for the period of time stipulated on the approval letter you receive from the IRB office. Federal regulations require that approved studies be reviewed on a continuing basis as defined by the approval granted by the IRB. The IRB office asks that you submit a continuation form with the necessary documents at least three months before your study's approval will expire so that your study may be reviewed and approved by the expiration date.

If your study has been approved at the expedited or full review levels, you must submit a final report when your study is complete notifying the IRB that no further activities with human subjects will occur.