At Nova Southeastern University there are a wide variety of opportunities for students to become involved in service experiences. These days of service are scattered throughout the academic year and allow for Sharks to serve the community in unique ways. Each experience focuses on a different community or social need. We hope to see you at one of our upcoming days of service this year!
There are a minimum of 1 service opportunity hosted by the office of Student Leadership & Civic Engagement per month. All events require RSVP prior to the event. Information about ongoing days of service can be found on SharkHub or by visiting the Calendar of Events page.
Information to sign up for a specific day of service opportunity can be found on SharkHub here.
Past Days of Service
- 9/11 Day of Service
- In remembrance of the events of September 11, 2001, students have volunteered at various sites across Broward County to remember those that were lost.
- Make a Difference Day
- Make a Difference Day originated in 1992, growing to be the largest community service effort in the nation. It takes place annually on the fourth Saturday of the October. This day rallies the efforts of major corporations, government officials, charitable organizations and the average American. Over 3 million people participate each year… make sure to be a part!
- National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week
- Together, the Office of Student Leadership and Civic Engagement has partnered with organizations such as, Alpha Phi Omega to sponsor National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week. The week featured a Meet and Greet with local community affiliates, the Oxfam America Hunger Banquet, and an informational session with Lauderdale Manor.
- MLK Day of Service
- “Make it a day on, not a day off.” The NSU community has joined together to honor the life and work of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr by empowering individuals, strengthening communities, bridging barriers, creating solutions to social problems, and move us closer to Dr. King's.
- NSU Pride and Service Day
- This day of service is an opportunity for the NSU community to come together and show pride for NSU and the community.
- Earth Day of Service
- Earth Day was started in 1970 as a way to raise awareness through active participation and education in environmental protection. The underlying goal of the day is to work towards more sustainable and environmentally-friendly community at NSU and the greater Fort Lauderdale community.