The mission of the Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine is to provide learner-centered education, both nationally and internationally, for osteopathic medical students, post-graduate trainees, physicians, and other professionals. Through its inter-professional programs, the College prepares competent and compassionate lifelong learners; supports research, scholarly activity, and community service; and advocates for the health and welfare of diverse populations, including the medically underserved.
- Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine integrates the compassionate principles of osteopathic medicine with advancing knowledge from contemporary science.
- Best-of-class doctoral and master's degree programs prepare compassionate, respected leaders in healthcare.
- Dynamic faculty of nearly 150 full time and 1,200 adjunct professors deliver pacesetting curriculum.
- NSU’s College of Osteopathic Medicine consistently ranks highly in National Institutes of Health (NIH) dollars received and number of articles published and cited.
- Five prestigious centers and institutes provide vital training and community support.
- There are opportunities to learn beyond the classroom in community-based partnerships in the United States and abroad.
- The college provides more than 1,000 postgraduate training positions through the Consortium for Excellence in Medical Education, offering internships, residencies, and fellowships.
- Ranked No. 1 for external funding at NSU, the College of Osteopathic Medicine produces new knowledge through research and scholarly activity.
- Student-led clubs inspire students’ passion for professional practice.
- Statistics show that 46 percent of NSU’s graduates practice medicine in Florida and, of those, 60 percent work in rural or underserved areas. The others serve communities across the United States and even around the world.
- Nearly 70 percent of our graduates practice in the primary care disciplines of family medicine, general internal medicine, or general pediatrics.
- Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine is accredited by the Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (COCA) of the American Osteopathic Association.
- Nova Southeastern University Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine ranks as the 10th largest osteopathic medical school in terms of total enrollment among the 31 accredited colleges of osteopathic medicine in the United States.