The mission of the Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Health Care Sciences is to provide professionals with the skills necessary for the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of disease and disability, ensuring optimum health conditions in the community and beyond. The vision is to be recognized as a local, national, and international leader in health care education through excellence and innovation in teaching, scholarship, and service.
- Our undergraduate, graduate, professional and post-professional programs prepare students for the future demands of health care.
- Respected and accredited by multiple organizations, our College enrolls thousands of students across many programs and locations. The college comprises 16 accreditation-dependent programs.
- Nova Southeastern University Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Healthcare Sciences is the top educator of physician assistants regionally and nationally, with a 20-year track record of graduates consistently surpassing the national average for high, first-time pass rates on the national certification exam.
- The CHCS clinics offer services in speech-language pathology, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and audiology.
- Only Anesthesiologist Assistant programs in the State of Florida -- one each in Tampa and Ft. Lauderdale.
- Only the second bachelor degree Respiratory Therapy program in the State of Florida
- Two very unique professional programs in the country – the first Doctor of Occupational Therapy program delivered in a hybrid format, and the second Doctor of Physical Therapy program also delivered in a hybrid format.
- Programs include very specialized clinical practices and several health professions.
- Our highly experienced faculty members specialize in what they teach.
- Small class sizes foster one-on-one instruction and a supportive, collaborative, inter-professional learning environment.
- High-tech simulation labs offer a competitive edge, immersing students in realistic clinical situations.
- With several locations and formats, including online, NSU makes learning convenient for your busy schedule.
- We adopt the latest educational technology and innovative teaching strategies.
- Our students share in the countless opportunities of NSU’s diverse and vibrant community.
- Alumni are accomplished professionals who become leaders in their fields.
- The Nova Southeastern University Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Health Care Sciences' Center for Academic and Professional Excellence is comprised of four different Academies, including the Teaching and Learning Academy, the Leadership and Management Academy, the Research Academy, and the Academy for Career Enrichment.