Doctorate of Education | Minor in Autism Admission Requirements
- Completed admission application packet, including ($50) nonrefundable application fee made payable to Nova Southeastern University
- Official transcripts indicating conferral of a master's degree by a regionally accredited institution (minimum 3.0 grade point average required)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended postsecondary institutions
- All foreign transcripts should be submitted with the official evaluation from one of the four outside agencies listed below under Transcript Evaluation
- Two professional letters of recommendation by two individuals who can attest to the applicant's ability to succeed in a doctoral program
- A test score report showing that the applicant received a raw score of 37 (scaled score 391–396) on the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or a combined score of 1000 on the verbal and quantitative sections of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). The test must have been taken within the past five years. Applicants who do not meet the minimum recommended test score are not required to submit additional information or retake the exam to be considered for admission
- Completed Personal Statement of Goals
- Completed Transfer of Credits form if applicable
- An applicant considering the Educational Leadership concentration, who lives in the state of Nevada, is required to have a minimum of 3 years teaching experience before degree conferral
For Non-Native English Speakers
Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate English proficiency by providing proof of a minimum score of 213 on the computer-based or 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) exam or 6.0 on the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) exam.
For International Applicants
Students taking classes in certain FSEHS international clusters may be exempt from submitting MAT, GRE, and TOEFL scores. Please contact a FSEHS enrollment representative regarding requirements for your international cluster.
Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) or another U.S. regional accrediting association must provide official documentation of degree equivalency for admission. This includes those who hold degrees from foreign institutions. The evaluation must include a course-by-course analysis and list all course subjects with United States semester credits and a GPA on a 4.0 scale from one of the three evaluation agencies listed.
For information, contact one of the following:
Academic Evaluation Services, Inc.
11700 N. 58 Street G & H
Tampa, FL 33617
Phone: (813) 374-2020
Fax: (813) 374-2023
Educational Credential Evaluators
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
Phone: (414) 289-3400
Josef Silney & Associates, Inc.
7101 SW 102nd Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: (305) 273-1616
Fax: (305) 273-1338
World Education Services
P.O. Box 5087
Bowling Green Station
New York, NY 10274-5087
Phone: (212) 966-6311
Fax: (212) 739-6100