It’s part of our mission to provide convenient ways for students across the nation and all over the globe to earn a degree from Nova Southeastern University. That’s why we offer many of our degree programs through distance education, with classes delivered outside the Fort Lauderdale area either online, or at one of our Regional Campuses.
Students don’t have to be on our main campus to have a traditional college experience. Our Regional Campuses allow those who live far from Fort Lauderdale to experience an on-campus atmosphere. Our campuses provide opportunities to develop friendships, form study groups and use videoconferencing equipment to connect with the main campus.
NSU Regional Campuses offer:
- Convenient evening and weekend classes
- Full-degree online programs
- Outstanding on-site faculty members who are professionals participating in their fields
- Full-time staff to assist with financial aid, registration, applications and program questions
- Wireless connectivity
- Videoconferencing and audiovisual tools
- Convenient parking
- Student government associations
With an Internet connection, Nova Southeastern University students can participate in online courses from any location in the world. These programs provide Web-based instruction, online access to course content and a wide range of activities, including frequent student-teacher and student-student communication.
NSU’s online education features:
- Faculty and student discussion forums with threaded bulletin boards
- Real-time electronic classrooms with graphical presentations and audio
- Online submission of assignments in multimedia formats
- NSU email address
- Directory for publishing assignments and resources to the Web
- Access to the Electronic Library and online databases
SREB Electronic Campus
Nova Southeastern University is pleased to be a participating institution of the Southern Regional Education Board's Electronic Campus program. The SREB certifies that the online programs and courses it approves for this program are in full compliance with its comprehensive set of Principles of Good Practice. Eighty-three of NSU's programs, including undergraduate, master's, educational specialist, doctoral, and graduate certificate programs have been certified by the SREB.
Bachelor's programs certified by the SREB are listed below. Please click on the program of your choice to see detailed information.
Master's programs certified by the SREB are listed below. Please click on the program of your choice to see detailed information.
Educational Specialist programs certified by the SREB are listed below. Please click on the program of your choice to see detailed information.
Doctoral programs certified by the SREB are listed below. Please click on the program of your choice to see detailed information.
Graduate certificate programs certified by the SREB are listed below. Please click on the program of your choice to see detailed information.
The following information is provided in compliance with state regulations related to higher education. Some state laws require an institution to provide students with specific disclosures. The following statements are presented in order to comply with these requirements. Students enrolled in NSU online programs and residing in the states listed below should review this information.
The following education programs are authorized for delivery in Iowa via distance education modality by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission. Residents considering enrollment in these programs should recognize that these degrees listed below are not intended for, and do not lead to, professional, teacher, or administrative licensure in the state Iowa.
- Associate of Arts in Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Science in Child Development
- Master of Arts in Teaching and Learning
- Master of Science BrainSMART
- Master of Science in Education with specialization in Athletic Administration, Charter School Educational Leadership, Cognitive and Behavioral Disabilities, Early Literacy Education, English, Exceptional Student Education and Reading, Instructional Design and Diversity Education, Interdisciplinary Arts, Learning and Teaching, Management and Administration, Medical Education, Multicultural Early Intervention, Preschool Education, Reading and Literacy, English as a Second Language, Spanish Language Education, Teaching and Learning, English as a Foreign Language, English to Speakers of Other Languages, Urban Education
- Master of Science in Instructional Design and Diversity Education
- Master of Science in Instructional Technology and Distance Education
- Master of Science in Leadership
- Doctor of Education
- Doctor of Philosophy in Education Research
- Education Specialist BrainSMART
- Master of Science in Counseling
Concentrations in Substance Abuse Counseling, Substance Abuse Counseling and Education, Applied Behavior Analysis, or Advanced Applied Behavior Analysis only
- Master of Science in General Psychology
The following speech language pathology programs are authorized for delivery in Iowa via distance education modality by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission. Residents considering enrollment in these programs should recognize the following requirements for practicing in the State of Iowa.
- Master of Science in Speech Language Pathology
Iowa law requires a speech pathology license applicant to complete a full-time clinical experience of nine months duration after completion of the master’s degree. A temporary clinical license may be obtained from the Iowa Board of Speech Pathology & Audiology for this purpose.
- Doctor of Speech-Language Pathology
An applicant must have an MS in Speech-Language Pathology, a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language and Hearing Association (ASHA), and a state licensed from the practicing state. This program does not prepare students for initial licensure as a speech-language pathologist in Iowa.
The Maryland Higher
Education Commission has determined that Nova Southeastern University’s
application for registration of online programs is in compliance with the requirements
of the Education Article, Title 11, Subtitle 2, Annotated Code of Maryland and
Students should note
that the process for filing and resolution of complaints is described in detail
through the Maryland Higher Education Commission - Student Complaint Process.
students located in Maryland should recognize that Nova Southeastern University
is subject to investigation of complaints by the Office of the Attorney General
of the Maryland Higher Education Commission.
Distance Education Complaint Process
Students should note that the process for filing and resolution of complaints is described in detail through the Student Complaint Process and Distance Education page.
Student Complaint Process