Top of Page
Skip main navigation

On-Campus Employment

NSU Student Employment Program (NSE) is On-campus employment that is a benefit of your student visa status that allows you to work on-campus part-time (20 hours) while school is in session, and full-time (37.5 hours) during your approved vacations and breaks. You do not have to apply for financial aid to be considered for these positions; however, you must have completed all admission requirements and must be registered for classes. There is no need for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) to approve on-campus employment. However, you must obtain a social security card and report your wages to the Internal Revenue Service. 

To work on-campus, please review the following: 
  • You must maintain your visa status.
  • You can apply and work for NSU Student Employment Program (NSE)
  • You may only work part-time (20 hours) while school is in session.
  • You may work full-time (37.5 hours) during approved vacations and breaks.
  • You must be fully enrolled commensurate with your degree level and program of study (unless you have an approved Reduced Course Load).
  • To get started please visit JobX to see the selection of NSE jobs available. 
Return to top of page