There are no upcoming events.
2021 Understanding ME/CFS Today: A Clinical & Research Approach
Wednesday, May 26, 2021 | 11:00 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. EDT
Moving Forward - Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm 30th Anniversary
Wednesday, February 24th, 2021 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m. EST
Virtual CME Workshop: Managing the Syndrome Soup: POTS, EDS, MCAS & ME/CFS
Saturday, December 5, 2020 | 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. EST
Access Lecture Recordings
Please note: You must register to receive access to the recordings.
Free Webinar: Veterans Helping Veterans Mid-Day Talk: Gulf War Illness Research
Friday, July 10, 2020 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Meet the Gulf War Illness Research Team.
- Learn about the ease of participating in research.
- Hear from veterans who have participated in research.
- Learn about different studies currently available.
View Webinar View Slides
Webinar: Understanding ME/CFS Today: A Clinical & Research Approach
Friday, May 15, 2020 | 12:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Maria Vera-Nunez, M.D., MSBI, DABOIM, IFMCP - Physician "An Introduction to the Functional & Integrative Medicine Approach to ME/CFS"
- Irma Rey, M.D., FAAEM, DABEM, DABIM - Physician "An Environmental Approach to ME/CFS"
- Irina Rozenfeld, MSHS, MSN, ANP-BC, APRN - Nurse Practitioner "Nutrition as a Therapeutic Approach in Patients with ME/CFS"
- Travis Craddock, Ph.D. - Director of the Clinical Systems Biology Group "The Potential Role of Ocular and Otolaryngological Mucus Proteins in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
2020 SHIELD Conference
Friday, February 28, 2020
9:00 am - 1:00 p.m.
Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center
INIM Research Seminar Series, December 7, 2018
"Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness: Managing Symptoms of Chronic Subjective Dizziness" presented by Lisa Farrell, P.T., Ph.D., A.T.C., clinical adjunct faculty, Department of Physical Therapy, Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine, and President and Founder, Symmetry Alliance, LLC
INIM Research Lecture, November 16, 2018
"The Pathophysiological Mechanisms of Multiple Chemical Sensitivities and Its Relationship to Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome” presented by Dr. John Molot, M.D.
ME/CFS Broward Support Group Lectures:
- August 21, 2018- “Updates in ME/CFS & Gulf War Illness” presented by Dr. Nancy Klimas, Director of INIM, Professor
- October 16, 2018- “Pacing” presented by Dr. Alison Bested, Chair of Integrative Medicine, Clinical Director of INIM, Associate Professor. Supplement materials include the Functional Capacity Scale and Activity Logs
- November 20, 2018- “Rheumatoid Arthritis” presented by Dr. Marc Kesselman, Director, Division of Rheumatology, Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine
INIM Research Seminar Series, October 5, 2018
"Computational modeling of epilepsy to find a way to predict seizures in patients not well controlled on medications", presented by Gary D. Cravens M.D., M.S., assistant professor, Biomedical Informatics Program, Department of Health Informatics, Dr. Kiran C. Patel College of Osteopathic Medicine
INIM Research Lecture, August 6, 2018
"Discovery of Brain Thermal Tunnel, it’s thermodynamic properties and development of applications for treatments for sleep disorders, Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.” presented by Dr. Marc Abreu, Harvard Ophthalmologist
INIM Research Seminar Series, May 4, 2018
"A Journey within Pharmaceutical Sciences" presented by William Loging, Ph.D., Scientific Director, Gateway Institute for Brain Research
INIM Research Seminar Series, February 2, 2018
"Restorative Dentistry Update- Contemporary Restorative Materials and Technologies" presented by Sibel A. Antonson, D.D.S., Ph.D., M.B.A., professor, NSU College of Dental Medicine, Director, Clinical Research for Department of Cariology and Restorative Dentistry
INIM Research Seminar Series, January 5, 2018
"Biomarkers for ME/CFS" presented by Mary Ann Fletcher, Ph.D., Endowed Schemel Professor for Neuro-Immune Medicine, NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
INIM Research Seminar Series, December 1, 2017
"From Modeling to Clinical Trials: ME/CFS and Gulf War Illness", presented by Nancy Klimas, M.D., professor, NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, Director, Institute for Neuro-Immune Medicine
INIM Research Seminar Series, November 3, 2017 (postponed until further notice)
"Effects of Treatment Outcome on the Survival in Elderly Women with Stage III and Stave IV Ovarian Cancer", presented by Gabriel Suciu, Ph.D., assistant professor, M.P.H program, NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
INIM Research Seminar Series, October 6, 2017
INIM Research Seminar Series, May 5, 2017
"Effects of Oxidative Stress on Microtubules and its Role in Taopathic Disease" presented by Travis Craddock, Ph.D., assistant professor, Center for Psychological Studies and associate director, Clinical Systems Biology Lab, INIM
INIM Research Seminar Series, April 7, 2017
"Mechanism of Partial Viral Reactivation Might Trigger ME/CFS" presented by Paula Waziry, Ph.D., assistant professor, NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine, INIM
INIM Research Seminar Series, February 3, 2017
"Organophosphates Toxicities and Potential Alternative Route for Atropine Administration" presented by Mutasem Rawas-Qalaji, Ph.D., associate professor, NSU College of Pharmacy
INIM Research Seminar Series, January 6, 2017
"Marijuana: Is Popular Science True Science?" presented by Robert Speth, Ph.D., professor, NSU College of Pharmacy
INIM Pre-Conference Event
INIM Research Seminar Series December 4, 2015
"Epigenetic Regulation of DNA Repair in Mammalian Brain, Breast, and in Carcinogenesis" presented by Jean Latimer, Ph.D., associate professor, NSU, College of Pharmacy
INIM Research Seminar Series, August 7, 2015 "Dietary Supplements: Perilous or Protective?" presented by Lynn Lafferty, Pharm.D., N.D., MBA, Endowed Assistant Professor, NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine and Robert Speth, Ph.D., Professor, NSU College of Pharmacy
INIM Research Seminar Series, May 1, 2015
"Atmospheric Aerosols and Super Greenhouse Gases: a Close Look at Climate Change and Science-Based Mitigation Strategies" presented by Dr. Song Gao
INIM presents the 2015 Patient Conference, February 7th, 2015 at 1:00 PM
Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center on the main campus of Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida
Videos from the conference:
- "Welcome", Dr. Nancy Klimas, Director, INIM
- "Modeling Exercise Dynamics to Restore Immune Signaling in ME/CFS", Dr. Gordon Broderick, Director, Clinical Systems Biology Lab, INIM
- "Virtual You:Modeling the Roles of Homeostatic Drive in the Perpetuation of Chronic Illness", Mark Rice, Chief Programmer, Clinical Systems Biology Lab, INIM
- "Importance of Antioxidant and Methylation Status in Fatiguing Illnesses" Dr. Richard Deth, College of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University
- "Mitochondrial Medicine and ME/CFS", Dr. Jon Kaiser, Medical Director, K-PAX Pharmaceuticals
- "Practical Nutrition Strategies for Achieving Optimal Health", Lisa Dorfman, MS,RD,CSSD,LMHC,FAND
- "Panel Discussion", Dr. Gordon Broderick, Dr. Richard Deth, Dr. Jon Kaiser, Lisa Dorfman, MS,RD,CSSD,LMHC,FAND, Dr. Nancy Klimas, Dr. Irma Rey, Dr. Maria Vera, Connie Sol,MS
Miami 2014 Winter Symposium-The Molecular Basis of Brain Disorders- January 26-29, 2014, Miami, Fl
Paper presented by Dr. Travis Craddock, Dr. Gordon Broderick and Dr. Nancy Klimas "Fire in the Head: Exploring the Role of Homeostatic Drive in the Perpetuation of Neuroinflammation Brain Disorders"
Patient Conference - January 26, 2013, Nova Southeastern University
The Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine hosted a patient conference in the DeSantis Center at Nova Southeastern University.
Videos from the conference:
Anthony J. Silvagni, D.O., Pharm.D., Dean NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
Nancy Klimas, M.D., Director INIM, Chair Clinical Immunology, and Professor of Medicine, NSU-COM
Irma Rey, M.D., Director of Medical Education INIM, NSU-COM
Connie Sol, MA Exercise Physiologist, INIM, NSU-COM
Dolores Perdomo, Ph.D., LCSW, University of Miami
Mady Hornig, M.D. Columbia University, Principal Investigator, Pathogen Discovery Project,
by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative
Dan Peterson, M.D., Sierra Internal Medicine, NV
Lynn Lafferty, Pharm. D., director, NSU-COM Alternative Medicine Program, and Rebecca Halstead, former brigadier general, U.S. Army
The Direction of Research and Care Sue Levine, M.D., director, Levine Clinic, New York City chair (all speakers)
Kathy Assaf, chair, INIM Development Committee, NSU