The Department of Educational Development and Support exists to serve the faculty of Nova Southeastern University. It is composed of three sub-departments: the Center for Teaching and Learning, the Center for HPD Research, and the Testing Center.
Center for Teaching and Learning
- Faculty development seminars throughout the academic year.
- Assessment of faculty performance.
- Faculty counseling for improvement of instruction.
- Rapid e-mail responses to faculty teaching questions.
- Publication of a faculty handbook.
- Books and videotapes on teaching available to loan.
- Annual new faculty orientation.
Center for HPD Research
- Assessment of HPD students using the following instruments:
- Assistance in statistical analysis through our liaison with the Statistical Consulting Services.
- Assistance in guiding researchers through NSU research protocol through our liaison with the HPD Research Committee.
- Trouble-shooting for the Online Evaluation System, for both faculty and students.
- Creation and maintenance of banks of test questions within both LXR and ExamSoft.
- Test creation within both LXR and ExamSoft
- Test scoring and rescoring within both LXR and ExamSoft.
- Item analysis in LXR.
- Gradebook maintenance for exams scored in LXR.