Top of Page
Skip main navigation

Academic Support Policy

Securing Rooms for Academic & Special Events

  1. Please remember that any space at the HPD must be booked through the Office of Academic Support, located on the fifth floor of the Terry Building, Room 1522. You may use the online request form from the NSU Homepage for Faculty and Staff, or Current Students titled "Room Scheduling Request Form."

  2. Submit the requisition form at least two weeks prior to the date of the event. If you have a last minute request for review sessions, exam re-takes, and special circumstances, you may still secure a room with a few days notice.

  3. Please include as much information as you can about the teaching station that you need or the special event you are planning.

  4. If you are conducting a special event you may submit a memo, on your department's letterhead, to my attention with the same information required on the form, along with any other specifications you may require.

  5. Special events must be approved by your Dean, and in some circumstances, we may need to get Dr. Fred Lippman's okay before we can schedule the facilities for you.

  6. If an outside group contacts you, and wants to use the facilities, please direct them to this office or to the Office of Facilities Management, Main Campus.

  7. The Office of Facilities Management has contractual requirements for our outside guests, and insurance requirements that must be met in order for them to secure a place on campus.

  8. If you plan on having vendors for your event, please see the Nova Southeastern University's Risk Management (you can find the relevant sections here). The University has certain specifications that must be met in order to allow vendors on Campus. Any questions regarding insurance may be directed to Risk Management, an Office of NSU Financial Operations, at extension 25271.

Special Services Requests

  1. There are places allowed on the Facilities Request Form for you to request special services provided by the University. These special services include:

    • Audio/Visual Services
    • Engineering/Maintenance Services
    • Housekeeping Services (i.e. luncheons, dinners, etc.)
    • Public Safety Services
  2. If you have a big event going on that requires a lot of set-up for tables and chairs, please submit these requests on a separate sheet of paper and attach it to the Facilities Request Form. If you do not have all the specifications available, you may submit them at a later time. The same procedure should be followed with extensive A/V requirements.
  3. We work with the coordinators of each of the special service departments listed above to help ensure a successful event/class. If you need assistance with your event planning, we are here to help you. We will be happy to meet with you and any of the other coordinators to discuss your event.
  4. You are welcome to talk to any of the coordinators anytime. You may have a question or a concern about something technical, and want to ask them in person. The special service coordinators are:

    • Audio Visual (ext. 21249 or 21248)
    • Physical Plant (ext. 28800)
    • Housekeeping (ext. 28818)
    • Public Safety Coordinator, HPD (ext. 21135)

Changes/Additions to Your Teaching Station

If you have changes concerning your room size, audio visual equipment needs, maintenance needs, etc., please notify me of these changes in writing as soon as possible. There is no guarantee that you will have a successful change if there is not enough time to notify the special services' departments.

If you need to cancel an event or teaching station, please let us know in writing as soon as possible. Last minute cancellations do happen, but this policy requires at least a "one week prior" notification.

Return to top of page