Top of Page
Skip main navigation

Frequently Asked Questions

Please find below frequently asked questions regarding payments.

Documents are processed within three days after the Ariba request is in the Account Payables queue.

A good rule of thumb is to submit a check request when you have approximately 50% of the petty cash's cash balance tied up in receipts.

No, when signing for the card, you acknowledge the card's usage, which negates personal use. Personal use will result in termination of the card.

An e-mail will be sent telling you how much was deposited into your CHECKING account.

As long as there is no additional cost to the University for these arrangements and it is approved by your supervisor, there is no problem.

Family members may join the traveler provided it will not result in additional expense to the University. If additional costs are incurred for room upgrades, etc. the traveler must reimburse the University and provide an explanation on the Travel Expense Report.

NSU adopts the mileage rate set by the IRS.

NSU will reimburse you up to the amount it would cost to fly you round-trip. The 21-day rule still applies. Therefore, contact the Travel Office to establish rate amount and attach the "mock" travel itinerary to your expense account.

All unused tickets must be returned to the Travel Office within ten days of completion of the travel.

It is NSU's policy to abide by the guidelines set force by the American Disability Act (ADA). Please mention your needs to the Travel Office when making travel arrangements.

Yes, if claimed as part of the daily meal expense.

No, gas receipts are only reimbursable with rental car receipts. The mileage rate covers normal "wear and tear" of the vehicle and gasoline.

Per IRS guidelines, expenses paid or reimbursed without appropriate documentation will be treated as income to the individual and subject to employment taxes and W-2 reporting.

No. Examples of appropriate receipts/documentation requires written explanation of business purpose or, conference/itinerary or schedule of events; detailed hotel receipt, or cash register or credit card receipt showing itemized charges.

All gift cards to employees are taxable income. These amounts are reported to Payroll so that they can be taxed accordingly.

A travel advance can be provided to the occasional traveler, who either cannot afford to pay and subsequently be reimbursed or does not wish to be reimbursed upon return. Amounts requested should cover meals, taxis, tips, and miscellaneous. Hotel lodging and conference fees should be prepaid with a check request to keep the travel advance amount at a reasonable, manageable level.

Return to top of page