Some NSU programs grant graduate students the opportunity to receive college credits for learning experiences outside the classroom. Students should check with their individual program office, if this applies. The process through which students may request a review for credit is outlined below:
- A student who wishes to receive credit for work experiences must submit a portfolio challenging a specific NSU course for credit. The portfolio must include the following:
- NSU course syllabus
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Written skill inventory that compares the student’s work experience to the equivalent course subject matter. The student’s work experience must match the learning outcomes of the course
- Documentation including certifications, licenses, trainings, and other relevant information
- The portfolio is reviewed by a Faculty Review Committee to determine whether the work experience meets the required outcomes of the NSU course.
- The student will be notified by the college whether the request for transfer credit has been granted.
- If credit is approved, it will be posted to the student’s academic record. If credit is not approved, the student may submit additional substantial information to the college in order to appeal the decision.