Top of Page
Skip main navigation

Degree Works

Degree Works is an easy-to-use, web-based planning tool to help you monitor your progress toward degree or certificate completion. Select graduate and undergraduate program offices use the Student Educational Planner (SEP) feature in Degree Works to create and modify ongoing academic plans for the purpose of timely degree completion. 

To access your degree audit in Degree Works, login to SharkLink.

 Important Reminders

  • Degree Works evaluations are not official and are not meant to substitute a meeting with your academic advisor/program office.
  • Degree Works reports are not available for non-degree seeking students.
  • For undergraduate students with undeclared or undecided majors, Degree Works will only reflect required General Education courses. A what-if analysis can be used to view a desired program and major.
  • Not all transfer coursework has been equated to NSU courses. For questions regarding your transfer course evaluation, contact Transfer Evaluation Services.

Upgrade 5.0.7  - April 2023

Degree Works is undergoing an upgrade in early April 2023. While functionality will remain largely the same, you will notice differences in the overall look and feel. You may refer to the Before and After Screenshots document for more details. 

In order for you to receive any federal Title IV or state financial aid (grants, scholarships, and loans), you must be enrolled in a minimum number of courses that are required for degree/certificate completion (degree-applicable) as published in the catalog from the semester when you first enrolled in your program.

Financial aid funds may only be disbursed if you meet the minimum enrollment requirements for financial aid eligibility with degree-applicable courses. You may maintain maximum financial aid eligibility while enrolled in not degree-applicable courses if you meet the enrollment requirements for each respective financial aid program with degree-applicable courses. For instance, in order to be eligible for federal loans, you must be enrolled at least half time. If half-time enrollment is defined as 6 credits per semester/term, you must be enrolled in at least 6 degree-applicable credits to be eligible for federal loans. If you enroll in one 3-credit course that is degree-applicable and one 3-credit course that is not degree-applicable, you will not be eligible for federal loans, even though you are enrolled half time.

How to view whether the classes you registered for are degree-applicable (required for degree/certificate completion)

  1. Access Degree Works.
  2. Click the Worksheet tab and scroll to the bottom.
  3. Carefully Review the Courses Not Used Section.

The various blocks (Degree, General Education Requirements, Major, Concentration, etc.) display the courses which apply toward the respective building blocks of your program

The Courses Not Used section displays courses that do not apply toward your degree (not degree-applicable). These courses will not count toward your enrollment requirements for financial aid purposes.

Please note: Your Degree Audit report may include a variety of other courses in this section, such as repeated courses, withdrawn courses, and courses graded with an “I” for incomplete, in addition to courses that do not apply toward your degree requirements.

For more information on financial aid and degree-applicable courses, please review the Financial Aid for Degree-Applicable Courses Frequently Asked Questions document.  

Return to top of page