Top of Page
Skip main navigation

General Injury/Accident Reporting

NSU Workers' Compensation Benefit

Frequently Asked Questions

You must report the incident to your supervisor and send a completed Workers' Compensation First Report of Injury form to the Risk Management office. Contact the Risk Management office, Workers' Compensation Risk Management Specialist, at (954) 262-5404. You must also contact Public Safety at (954) 262-8999 so an accident report can be completed. Public Safety will contact 911 when needed.

You should report the accident immediately to your supervisor to prevent a delay in receiving any workers' compensation benefits. Furthermore, the law requires that the university report the injury within a specific period of time.

No. The university or its insurance company must pay for all authorized and medically necessary care in accordance with a schedule of reimbursement allowances as authorized by the State Division of Workers' Compensation.

All authorized doctors and health care providers must bill the University's Workers' Compensation third party administrator or insurance carrier directly. If you receive a bill, fax or e-mail it to (954) 262-6860 or; attn: Workers' Compensation Risk Management Specialist. Do not pay it yourself.

No. You must go to an authorized physician provided by CCMSI (TPA); please contact your Workers' Compensation Risk Management Specialist or CCMSI adjuster to access the provider listing.

Injury/Accident Report Application

Please download and complete the following Workers' Compensation Injury/Accident Report form to receive your workers' compensation benefit.


Return to top of page