The mission of the Office of Institutional Research is to provide consultation and actionable information in a collaborative, innovative, and efficient manner. The information provided by the office is used to enhance administrative decision-making, respond to the external data requests such as federal and state agencies as well as educational partners, inform institutional policy development, and support institutional planning, evaluation, and budgeting.
The university community is served through the following functions:
- Data & Analysis - Providing data, analysis, and dissemination consistent with Institutional Research and overall Institutional Effectiveness policies
- Consultation - Providing expert consultation in the areas of survey development, assessment, and research methodology
- Growth & Innovation - Expanding and growing institutional research capabilities and output with new technologies and frameworks
- Collaboration - Being collaborative by including university stakeholders in decision-making whenever possible.
- Transparency - Promoting a culture of transparency in reporting to both internal and external stakeholders
- Efficiency – Continually reviewing IR processes and policies to maximize efficiencies in all areas