We are developing a formal network of department coordinators designated by NSU leadership to coordinate records management for each NSU department or center. Department Designee responsibilities include:
- Affirm that all departmental employees are informed about, understand, and accept NSU policies and procedures related to records in their direct custody or under their direct supervision.
- Collaborate with the Records Manager on retention requirements, review and revise the NSU retention schedule as needed, and identify unscheduled records.
- Ensure departmental compliance with the retention schedule and related policies, procedures, guidelines, or directives.
- Work with the Records Manager to resolve questions or confusion about the interpretation or implementation of records policies and procedures.
- Respond immediately to legal or administrative notification of holds on destruction of records relevant to litigation, government investigation, audits, or other legal or administrative matters.
- Work with the Records Manager to identify and periodically review records management requirements, problems, and departmental concerns.
- Identify and document records management training requirements for departmental employees.