University Purchasing Responsibilities
- Actively research the vendor community for the best available goods and services at the “least total cost” to the University.
- Establish a competitive and efficient quote process and ensure that purchasing procedures are followed.
- Advise and consult with departmental end-users on market trends, technology, new products, training, order procedures, freight claims, vendor conflict resolution, warranty issues, and other purchasing-related activities.
- Demand and ensure excellence from vendors in meeting contract and agreement provisions.
- Perform periodic evaluation of vendor performance and contract compliance.
- Avoid transactions that may create possible conflicts of interest.
- When possible, recommend satisfactory alternatives for sole-source goods and services.
- Develop personnel expertise in as many commodities and services as possible to create a complete procurement solution for the benefit of the university community.
- Establish standards and formulate specifications. Determine the source of supply for any commodity or service requisitioned by a department.
- Develop, maintain and broadcast the University Purchasing Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Ensure the participation of Certified Minority Vendors in the university’s procurement activities.
- Ensure the proper disposal of surplus property.
NSU Departments Responsibilities
- Properly identify required products and services.
- Advise University Purchasing in a timely manner of planned acquisitions so that proper quoting requirements are met.
- Submit requests for bids and orders for goods and services via the proper channels as established in the University Purchasing Manual regardless of vendor, commodity or prior practice.
- Adhere to established procedures and policies as approved by the University’s Board of Trustees.
- Review and understand all leasing and service agreements prior to forwarding to University Purchasing.