15th Annual Achievement Awards
Wednesday April 2, 2014
Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center
- 2014 Award Winners
- 2013 Award Winners
- 2012 Award Winners
- 2011 Award Winners
- 2010 Award Winners
- 2009 Award Winners
- 2008 Award Winners
- 2007 Award Winners
- 2006 Award Winners
- Photo Galleries
- 2014 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2013 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2012 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2011 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2010 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2009 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2008 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2007 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2006 STUEY Awards Photo Album
- 2005 STUEY Awards Photo Album
The Student Life Achievement Awards, affectionately known as the "STUEYS," is an annual celebration of NSU’s best in Academic Excellence, Student Centered, Integrity, Innovation, Opportunity, Scholarship/Research, Diversity, and Community.
More than a decade ago, it was the vision of Brad Williams, Ed.D., Vice President of Student Affairs, to create a celebration to recognize those who further a sense of campus community. Thus, the Student Life Achievement Awards were born. While the world finds itself in difficult times, both politically and economically, Nova Southeastern University has never been stronger and the sense of campus community continues to grow and flourish. This event is a celebration of the hundreds of activities designed to enrich the overall student experience of the NSU community.
The Nomination Process
Every NSU student, staff, and faculty member is eligible for nomination. The time period considered for nomination is from August through March of each academic year. Each nominee is selected by the Student Life Achievement Awards Nomination Committee composed of cross-functional professionals from NSU’s colleges, centers, schools, and departments.
The Student of the Year nominees are selected by the academic deans of NSU’s centers, colleges, and schools.
The Student Life Achievement Awards voting committee is composed of the NSU chancellor, NSU president, executive vice president of administration, and former STUEY award winners. Winners of the Student Life Achievement Awards are now permanent delegates to the Knights of the Academy and will be a part of the voting process for future winners.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Student of the Year
- Each College, Center or School can nominate ONE Student of the Year.
- Executive of the Year
- Nomination of any Assistant Dean, Assistant President, Assistant Vice President, Associate Dean, Associate Vice President, Chancellor, Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Dean, Executive Associate Dean, Executive Dean, Executive Director, Executive Officer, Executive Vice President, Legal Counsel President, Provost, Associate Provost, or Vice President.
- Administrator of the Year
- Nomination of any Administrator, Assistant Coach, Assistant Director, Assistant Manager, Associate Director, Deputy Director, Director, Head Coach, Manager, or Supervisor.
- Staff Person of the Year
- Nomination of any Accountant, Administrative Assistant, Academic Advisor, Advisor, Analyst, Assistant Coordinator, Attendant, Clerical, Clerk, Controller, Coordinator, Copywriter, Counselor, Editor, Financial Staff, Librarian, Medical Staff Programmer, Program Advisor, Public Safety Officer, Secretary, or Technician.
- Student Government of the Year
- Nomination of any student government association university-wide including SGAs at the Regional Campuses
- Graduate Organization of the Year
- Nomination of any club or student organization within any and all of the graduate programs, excluding student government associations
- Undergraduate Organization of the Year
- Nomination of any club or student organization at the undergraduate level, excluding USGA.
- Athletic Team of the Year
- Coporate Partner of the Year
- Nomination of any of NSU’s Corporate Partners
- Professor of the Year
- Nomination of any full-time professor for any academic program
- Co-Curricular Advisor of the Year
- Nomination of any co-curricular advisor for any of the co-curricular organizations university-wide
- Alumnus of the Year
- Nomination of any NSU alumnus (the nominees has to have graduated from NSU)
- Regional Campuses Student of the Year
- Nominations of any student who attends NSU through one of its Regional Campuses
Robert T. Hasty, D.O., FACOI, College of Osteopathic Medicine
Dr. Robert Hasty has been a mentor and leader for the Student Osteopathic Internal Medicine Association (SOIMA) at NSU. SOIMA’s members recognize his diligent efforts to meet their needs in a timely manner. He regularly attends their meetings and played a crucial role in the October 2010 Azzociazione Chirurghi Ospedalieri Italiani (ACOI) conference held in California. Due to Hasty’s generosity and unwavering encouragement, SOIMA was able to win the ACOI Facebook Contest which subsequently awarded the organization the financial means to take 12 students to the conference free of charge. Hasty believes in the development of the student which he advocates in his lectures through a humorous attitude and interactive learning environment. His infectious enthusiasm for medicine continues to have a lasting impact on all students, faculty and staff he encounters.
C.A.U.S.E. – Community Action Using Student Empowerment
In March of 2010, a group of 15 students went on an Alternative Spring Break trip to New Orleans to serve a city still living in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. These students spent their Spring Break rebuilding homes with Habitat for Humanity and felt empowered to share this experience in the hopes of bringing more students to New Orleans to help out. This effort brought forth the origin of C.A.U.S.E. Since then, the group has been back in New Orleans, collaborated with students from the Regional Campus in Tampa for a day of service in Orlando, and traveled to Nashville, Tennessee to rebuild homes from a devastating flood. This passionate and dedicated student leader group has plans on continuing their community service efforts by re-visiting New Orleans as well as a trip to the Galapagos Islands this spring.
C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E! Congrats on being a finalist! Here is what we need:
- Send a current photograph (or logo) to email@example.com no later than Wednesday, February 20, 2013
- Call (954) 262-7283 to reserve your tickets no later than April 1, 2013
Event Day Info:
|5:00 p.m. Pre-STUEY Reception (you + guests) & photo shoot with President Hanbury|
|Carl DeSantis Atrium at the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship|
|Please stop by the "Nominee Check In" table|
|6:00 p.m. 13th Annual Student Life Achievement Awards Ceremony*|
|Rose & Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center|
|Please sit toward the outer aisles and in the lower bowl of the theater|
|7:15 p.m. Post-STUEY Reception (you + guests) & Blue Carpet Interviews|
|Rose & Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center Atrium|
|Please stop by the Blue Carpet for a brief interview|
|*Please note: Should you be designated as the award recipient in your category, it is critical your acceptance speech not exceed 45 seconds.|
The award ceremony is designed to honor you! We encourage you to look your best; therefore, we welcome you to wear what you feel best in. To view past event photos, please go to: 2012 STUEY Awards Photo Album
Absolutely! This is a FREE ticketed event. We expect a full house, therefore, only RSVP for the number of people actually attending. Unused tickets need to be returned/released so other nominees have the opportunity to invite their friends.
|Don't believe us when we say: You beat the odds!
Well, the odds in 2011 were:
|From a total of 28,457 students||there are 14 finalists|
|From a total of 154 executives||there are 5 finalists|
|From a total of 815 professors||there are 5 finalists|
|From a total of 1,023 administrators||there are 5 finalists|
|From a total of 1,372 staff members||there are 5 finalists|
|From a total of 6,123 corporate partners||there are 5 finalists|
|From a total of 315 clubs and organizations||there are 10 finalists|
|From a total of 382 co-curricular advisers||there are 5 finalists|
|From a total of 17 Athletic Teams||there are 5 finalists|
|From a total of 23 student government associations||there are 5 finalists|
Aha, it's TOP SECRET! Every NSU student, staff, and faculty member is eligible for nomination. Each nominee is selected by the Student Life Achievement Awards Nomination Committee composed of cross-functional professionals from NSU's colleges, centers, schools, and departments.
The Student of the Year nominees are selected by the academic deans of NSU's centers, colleges, and schools.
The Nomination Committee changes year to year. The 2014-2015 Nomination Committee Members* are:
*There are additional non-voting committee members not listed above.
Juan Pablo Correra was a business administration major at NSU in 1996 when he passed away after he was struck by a car. Juan Pablo left a legacy at NSU through his tremendous leadership as the President of the International Student Organization and overall involvement in the NSU Community. This scholarship is a great way to honor his memory and leave your mark.
Fill out the form: Juan Pablo Correa Memorial Scholarship Application.
For more information email Division of student Affairs' Special Events & Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 262-7283 or (954) 262-7494.