What is 2020 Legacy Scholars Program?
The 2020 Legacy Scholars Program is a student giving campaign to build Shark Pride, while supporting NSU students.
How it Works
Students can donate money in the months of November and March to any registered or recognized
NSU student organization of their choice.
For every dollar raised at or above $250, NSU will match the amount up to a maximum of $2,500.
Once an organization has raised $250 or more, the organization is eligible to establish its own '2020 Legacy Scholarship'.
The scholarship - comprised of money donated from students and matching funds from NSU - will be awarded to one member of each participating NSU student organization for the following semester selected an independent scholarship selection committee.
'2020 Legacy Scholarship' has been established for participating NSU student organizations.
Scholarship awards range from $500-$5,000 for a member of the organization.
A listing of the "Top 10 Organizations of the Week" will be posted in the Don Taft University Center, tallying the amount of money each organization has raised.
Each student who donates will have a "Shark" added to the board with their name on it in order to "Fill the Tank."
How can I donate?
Donations can be made online by credit or debit card at this website: https://www.nova.edu/giving/2020LegacyScholars/ or by cash at the '2020 Legacy Scholars' table daily in the Don Taft University Center throughout the month of November and March.
How Does My Donation Help?
Click below to view each video:
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.--Iraelle Edwards
- Delta Phi Epsilon--Jillian Maiorino
- Federation of African Student Leaders--Jean Ganter
- Jewish Collegiate Learning Exchange--Benjamin Slone
- Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.--Fernando Campos
- Nova Wrestling Club--Ahmed Eghawy
- Tampa Student Occupational Therapy Association--Lillian Freeman
- Undergraduate Student Government Association--Dominic Campenni