Frequently Asked Questions

Veteran Education Benefits Frequently Asked Questions

Absolutely. Please visit our Undergraduate Students Overview page for instructions on how to obtain your transcript and send it in so that we may give you the credit you deserve. Transfer credit for physical education and marksmanship is not accepted.

Certificates are issued by the VA after approving a claim for benefits. To submit a claim for benefits, please use VONAPP (VA Online Application). Initial claims can be filed on a Form 22-1990.

Processing times vary based on VA workload. On average the Department of Veterans Affairs processes a Certificate of Eligibility within 4-6 weeks.

Online at through VONAPP (VA Online Application)

Is NSU participating in the Yellow Ribbon Program?
How do I receive payment of my VA benefits?
Is there a tuition deferment option for veterans at NSU?
What if I change my enrollment credit hours?
What if I withdraw from school?
What if I want to use Tuition Assistance (TA)?
What if I want to use Tuition Assistance Top Up (TATU)?
As a service member or veteran, am I eligible for a tuition discount at NSU?
What if I want to use MYCAA?
I have more questions, where can I get assistance?

For information regarding the Department of Defense’s Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts program (MyCAA), visit Military OneSource and log in or register.

Once accepted by MyCAA, call the Office of the University Bursar at (954) 262-5212 or toll free at 800-541-6682 ext. 25212.

  1. Review the NSU Veterans Benefits Web site.
  2. Review the GI Bill® website.
  3. Contact us at (954) 262-7236 or toll free 800-541-6682, ext. 27236.