Application Procedures for Fall 2016 Entering Classes
Beginning April 30, 2015, the Ph.D. program will be participating in the centralized application service NursingCAS.
1. The NursingCAS application information may be obtained
The deadline to complete and submit the NursingCAS application will be March 1 for the fall admission.
2. Sending supporting documents to NursingCAS. (Current, active professional nursing (R.N.) licensure, in the jurisdiction of the dissertation (Licensure must remain current throughout the program.)
All official college transcripts from undergraduate, graduate, and professional institutions attended must be sent to NursingCAS directly from the institutions attended.
Send all transcripts to:
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, Massachusetts, 02471
Coursework taken at foreign institutions must be evaluated for U.S. institutional equivalence by an approved National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) organization such as one of the services listed below.
World Education Services
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, New York 10274-5087
Josef Silny and Associates
(305) 273-1338 fax
Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53203-3470
3. It is the applicant's responsibility to have this coursework evaluated. An official course-by- course evaluation with a cumulative grade point average must be sent directly from the evaluation service.
- Send a curriculum vita and two evaluation forms directly to NursingCAS.
- Submit a professional writing sample (use APA 6th edition formatting, including headings for each section) directly to NursingCAS.
4. PhD candidates must submit all applications and transcripts by March 1 for priority consideration for the August entering class. Applications are accepted year round for the PhD entering class.
*Once the NursingCAS application is completed, applicant will need to complete an NSU supplemental application, which is online. The deadline to complete and submit the supplemental application will be March 1 for the fall admission.