CHCS Student Handbook 2018-2019

212 Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Health Care Sciences—Department of Speech-Language Pathology 2018–2019 Clinical Courses (which include the following courses: SLP 6101 Clinical Lab I Practicum, SLP 6102 Clinic II Lab Practicum, SLP 6005 Diagnostics II Practicum, SLP 6110 Externship: Adults, SLP 6120 Externship: Pediatric School, and SLP 6130 Externship: Pediatric Nonschool) Current grading plan for clinical courses through summer 2018 Alpha Grade A B+ B C Quality Points 4.0 3.5 3.0 2.0 Score on CALIPSO Performance Rating Scale 4.20–5.00 3.85–4.15 3.50–3.80 Below 3.50 Grading plan for clinical courses beginning fall 2018 Alpha Grade A A- B+ B B- C+ C C- F Quality Points 4.00 3.75 3.50 3.00 2.75 2.50 2.00 1.75 0.00 Score on CALIPSO Performance Rating Scale 4.50–5.00 4.20–4.49 3.90–4.19 3.70–3.89 3.50–3.69 3.00–3.49 2.50–2.99 2.00–2.49 Below 2.00 A minimum grade of B- must be earned in each course in the curriculum. If a student achieves a grade below a B- in any course, the student must repeat the course during the next semester in which the course is offered. The course must be repeated through M.S.-SLP. Students must repay for the course. A course may be repeated only one time. When repeating a course, the student must earn a grade of B- or better in the repeated course. Furthermore, students must successfully repeat the course before moving on to other courses that have the repeated course as a prerequisite. Where applicable, assignments, quizzes, and examinations are recorded to the first decimal point. Final course grades are calculated to two decimal points, but only the tenths position is considered. Grades are rounded up only if the final grade is X.50 or higher. A grade of X.49 does not round up to X.50. Withdrawal from an Academic Course A request for withdrawal from a course shall be made in writing to the program director or his or her designee. A student may request withdrawal only if he or she is in good academic/professional standing with the program. A withdrawal from a course requires approval from the program director or his or her designee. A grade or notation of W (withdrawal) will be recorded on the student’s transcript. The grade of W will be replaced by an earned grade only when the student retakes the course.