Are you NSU Faculty looking for undergraduate student assistance on a research project?
Complete this form or email Jeff Hartman.
Research Opportunities at NSU
Clinical Research Independent Study-NSU Institute for Neuro-Immune Medicine
- Learn about human subject research utilizing innovative designs, brain imaging and cutting-edge laboratory assessments.
- Be involved in outcomes-oriented research that brings interventions from bench to bedside employing Nutraceuticals, Pharmaceuticals, and Bioactive agents.
- Work on research to improve outcomes and quality of life for those suffering with Gulf War Illness (GWI), and other illnesses.
Contact: Amanpreet Cheema, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Game-Based Cognitive Training
- Focus: In this project we will complete initial development of a gaming-oriented cognitive training app to promote improved psychomotor speed, attention, and executive function in older adults with age-related cognitive decline.
- Position description: Research Volunteer
- Student Participation: Any major; programming experience and interest in video game creation essential.
- Time Commitment: Five or more hours per week.
- Skills/Experience: · Knowledge of C# and Unity helpful
Contact: Dr. Raymond Ownby at email@example.com for more information.
Independent Study Opportunities
Independent student opportunities are available in the following areas:
- A Phase II study of Bacopa in Gulf War Illness (GWI)
- Oleoylethanolamide supplement in GWI
- Identifying APOE4 related lipid biomarkers for diagnosing chronic neurocognitive deficits in TBI patients
- A Phase I/II study of B cell depletion Therapy in Gulf War Illness
- Nicotinamide riboside clinical trial for GWI
- Exploring dietary influence on complex multi-symptom illnesses by exploring molecular mechanisms and genomics
- Exploring Autism - A comprehensive study
Contact: Amanpreet Cheema, PhD at firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information.
NSU Research Pages
Areas of Research
College of Dental Medicine
College of Osteopathic Medicine
College of Psychology
Department of Biological Sciences
Halmos College of Natural Sciences and Oceanography
Health Professions Research
Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience (Jupiter, FL)
The Scripps Research Institute (Jupiter, FL)
Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Environmental Protection Agency
Federal Opportunities for Undergraduate Students
National Aeronautics and Space Administration
National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
National Science Foundation
Oak Ridge National Laboratories
Child Family Health International (Virtual Opportunities)
National Research Mentoring Network
Pathways to Science
webGURU (Guide for Undergraduate Research)