PCHCS Handbook 2023-2024

Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Health Care Sciences (PCHCS)—Department of Audiology 2023–2024 148 semester in which the original assignment was made. If a student must be reassigned at the beginning of a new semester for failure to meet the facility’s requirements, the student’s individual timeline for completion of the program will be impacted. Students are videotaped in certain academic classes and clinical labs for teaching-learning purposes. Students must sign a release form for videotaping at the time of registration. Students should obtain permission from professors to videotape or audiotape lectures. Verbal permission is acceptable. The department adheres to the PCHCS zero tolerance policy for drug use. Drug screening may be required at any time during matriculation in the program. When notified of a required drug screening, the student must complete the testing within 48 hours. If a drug screening result is positive, follow-up drug screening must be completed within 24 hours of notification. Failure to comply will result in referral to the CSP. Affiliation Policy Faculty members and students disseminating information that emanates from their work in the audiology program must list Department of Audiology, Dr. Pallavi Patel College of Health Care Sciences, Health Professions Division, Nova Southeastern University in the affiliation byline. Attendance Absences and tardiness are strongly discouraged. Students are encouraged to attend all classes and to arrive on time. Students are tardy if they arrive after the designated class time. The student is responsible for any information missed. Students who are repeatedly tardy or absent will be referred to the CSP, and it may result in Disciplinary Warning, Probation, Suspension, or Dismissal from the program. Essential Functions of the Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) Student The Au.D. program has the responsibility to the public to assure that graduates will be fully competent audiologists—providing benefit and doing no harm. Students matriculating in the Au.D. program must possess the intelligence, integrity, compassion, humanitarian concern, physical and emotional capacity, communication skills, and professionalism necessary to practice audiology. To this end, all NSU Au.D. students must meet the requirements outlined in the Essential Functions of the Au.D. Student document while matriculating through the program. A complete copy of the document can be found at healthsciences.nova.edu/audiology/fort_lauderdale/forms/essential-functions.pdf and is distributed at orientation.