Issue Date: 03-02-2018
Blackboard offers two ways to download the contents of a course for future use elsewhere: the Archive Tool and the Export Tool.
Use the Export tool to create a package file containing all of the course content for the purpose of reusing the course content at a later date or at another institution. In addition, during the following steps you can selectively choose what content is included in the exported package.
Use the Archive tool to create a package file containing ALL of the course content and all of the user interactions. An archive is a frozen snapshot or permanent record of the entire course, not just the instructor prepared materials.
To export a Blackboard course:
1. Click on Packages and Utilities in the Course Management menu.
2. Click on Export/Archive Course.
3. Click the Export button.
4. Select Copy links and copies of the content (include all Course Files)
5. Optional- Click the Calculate Size button to show how much material is in the course.
6. Select Course Materials, you have the option to Select All, or individual areas and tools.
7. Select Submit.
Tags: Build Content and Course Management, Build Content and Course Management: Course Copy