Issue Date: 11-09-2018
The Canvas Teacher App provides instant access to submissions that need grading, important class announcements, communication with your students, and course content updates. It is available for iOS and Android mobile devices. The App allows teachers to manage their courses on the go, both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Canvas Teacher App can be downloaded for free in the iOS App store or Android Google Play Store.
Teachers can view student submissions and provide feedback with the embedded SpeedGrader, use grading rubrics, or annotate an assignment within the mobile app.
1. Use the annotation tools to highlight, select text, and provide comments.
2. Grade the assignment.
3. Provide comments to the student.
4. View the files attached.
5. Click “Done” or swipe to the left or right to assess the next student.
The grade will immediately post to the gradebook.
Post a text, video, or voice announcement to the class.
1.Click the “+” sign to start the announcement.
2. Type the title.
3. Type a description.
4. Choose the course section and customize posting options.
5. Attach any files, if necessary. When finished, click “Done” to post the announcement.
Applying a filter to a assignment submission will allow you to send a message to various groups.
1.Select the “Needs Grading” assignments.
2.Click the “Filter” Option.
3.Select the filter.
You will then type your message and send it to your students.
To learn about the features of using the Canvas Teacher mobile app, visit https://community.canvaslms.com/docs/DOC-11886
Tags: Application, Mobile, Canvas