UNFORTUNATELY, THIS TRIP WILL NOT RUN IN MAY 2020 DUE TO INSUFFICIENT INTEREST. WE HOPE TO OFFER A SIMILAR OPPORTUNITY IN DECEMBER 2020. STAY TUNED TO THIS WEBSITE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION!
Nova Southeastern University is partnering with Global Academic Ventures to offer NSU students the opportunity to travel as a group to Singapore to participate ten days of company visits and presentations by industry experts in the leading city for Asian Pacific headquarters for North American global corporations.
Singapore is ranked second as the best country for direct foreign investment and has expanded at an extraordinary rate since gaining independence. It is labeled as the most open economy in the world (by the World Economic Forum), the most pro-business (by the World Bank), and the third-highest per-capita GDP in the world in terms of Purchasing Power Parity (PPP). In this context, students learn about the city's highly diverse makeup of languages, cultures, and norms.
Students will be introduced to the business and leadership challenges that organizations face when working in this part of the world. However, students will also learn how Singapore and the neighboring regions present the world with exciting opportunities for the business, educational, and cultural sectors. The city is well-positioned to continue to meaningfully impact the global economy and geopolitics in the foreseeable future.
"Business and Leadership in ASEAN" is perfect for students who would like to kickstart their understanding of the Southeast Asian region through 10 days of lectures, company visits, and presentations by industry experts. Key deliverables expected from students will be a group project and final exam. This course seeks to examine one's ability to apply knowledge, foster creative thinking and promote teamwork in group situations.
Application & Participation Information
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12/1/19 - Apply Now!
- Open to Business MAJORS & MINORS
- Why not add a business minor and kick off your studies in Singapore?
- May be open to MBA students - contact email@example.com to inquire.
Application includes three sections:
- Personal Information (Name, N#, GPA, Level of Study, Major(s), Minor(s))
- Confirmation of Understanding (Checkboxes to confirm your understanding of the details of participating in this program)
Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Students will have until 12/15/19 to make their deposit to confirm their spot in the program. In the event there is more interest than spots available, participants will be selected on a first-come-first-served basis, based on payment of the $975 deposit.
Pre-Departure, While Abroad & Re-Entry Requirements
Undergraduate students must enroll in MGT 4966 (3 credits) during the Fall 2020 term. Graduate students may have alternate course registration requirements.
All students participating in the program must complete the mandatory pre-departure, while abroad, and re-entry requirements. Additional information will be provided at the time of acceptance.
- Saturday, May 9, 2020 - Students depart US. Students book own itineraries. Students should not book their flights until information is provided by the Office of International Affairs.
- Sunday, May 10, 2020 - Students arrive in Singapore. Global Academic Ventures staff will meet the group at the airport with a private coach for transfer to the accommodation and check-in for those arriving in the pre-determined flight window.
- Monday, May 11, 2020 - The group will depart in the morning for a cultural day trip to explore more of Singapore. In the evening the group will have a welcome dinner.
- Tuesday, May 12 - Friday, May 15, 2020 - Company presentations, group lunches, and faculty lectures.
- Saturday, May 16 - Sunday, May 17, 2020 - Free time to explore Singapore.
- Monday, May 18 - Thursday, May 21, 2020 - Company presentations, group lunches, and faculty lectures.
- Friday, May 22, 2020 - Final exam in the morning followed by free time in the afternoon to explore Singapore.
- Saturday, May 23, 2020 - Program concludes. Check out of accommodation and transfer to Singapore airport within a given departure window. Departure Singapore for the US.
$2,975.00 + International Flight & Personal Expenses
[Total Estimated Cost: $4,500.00]
- Deposit of $975 due by December 15, 2020
- Second payment of $1,000.00 due by January 15, 2020
- Final payment of $1,000.00 due by February 15, 2020
- All payments are nonrefundable. However, if the program is is canceled by NSU or by Global Academic Ventures, all payments made to the university will be refunded.
- Click Here to Make Your Payments Online
- Password required and provided in acceptance letter.
- 10 days of local company visits and presentations
- Airport transfers and all local transportation within Singapore
- 13 nights shared accommodations
- Breakfast daily, one welcome dinner, eight group lunches
- 24/7 local support
- International travel and health insurance
- International airfare
- Some meals
- Personal spending money
- Immigration documents, if necessary (passport, visas if necessary for non-US passport holders)
- Tuition (note: MGT 4966 course may be taken during Fall 2020 so no additional tuition outside of full-time tuition rate will be necessary)
Students requesting accommodations for travel study should contact
Student Disability Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 262-7185.