Leadership On Demand: Student Organization Development
Leadership On Demand is a student-led facilitation team providing support to the NSU undergraduate student organizations. Leadership On Demand works directly with student leaders and their organizations to facilitate discussions to elevate student organizations to the next level. Leadership On Demand facilitators have identified areas they believe will be of support to organizations – but are always open to additional topics! Leadership On Demand conducts presentations that are open to the community and can also directly come to an organization to do a facilitation session.
See the list below regarding the areas where they can lend a fin! Presentation topics include:
- Mission statement
- Effective Communication
- How to run effective meetings
- Conflict management
- Decision making
- Living through your mission
Leadership On Demand can lend a fin in areas such as:
- Civic Engagement
- Social Responsibilities
- Inter-organizational/coaching relationship
- Advisor Relationship
- Public Relations
- Retain membership
- Recognition of members
- Assess/Evaluation of Group
- Identity of the Group
- Transitions (relation to clear elections)
- Risk Management
- Meeting/Event Management
- Utilize Available Resources
- Budget/Fiscal Management
We are always looking for additional student facilitators. If you are interested in joining Leadership On Demand, click here for application information.
If you are interested in utilizing Leadership On Demand for your organization, please refer to OrgSync for more information.
Check out the Winter 2016 LOD Presentations:
- Effective Communication— Thursday, January 21, 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Transitions—Thursday, February 18, 4:00 p.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Event Planning—Thursday, March 17, 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Managing Conflict—Thursday, April 14, 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Marketing and Branding—Thursday, April 22, 4:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Organizations are REQUIRED to attend at least two LOD sessions per semester.
- The sessions can take any form: either requested or attending a general session.
- Each organization must have two members attend in order to get credit for the session.
- One student can represent up to two organizations.
- The form to request sessions opens Friday, January 8 and closes Friday, April 22.
- The last date to have a session presented is Friday, April 29 (but must be requested by April 22).
All Leadership On Demand sessions take place in Rosenthal Student Center, Room 200.