Emerging Leaders Experience
"A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." — John Maxwell
The NSU Emerging Leaders Experience (ELE) is a ten week program designed to prepare students to be effective leaders. We encourage students to participate that are interested in getting involved in the NSU community, want to learn more about themselves, and gain valuable skills to grow their leadership repertoire! ELE meets once a week – student participants can choose the day that works for them, but must consistently attend that day of the program through the entire 10 weeks. Throughout your ten week experience, students will:
- Increase self-awareness regarding their unique strengths, leadership style, conflict style, and values while learning those of their peers.
- Gain insight into group process and the diverse ways individuals contribute to a group.
- Learn how to set SMART goals.
- Work with a group of committed leaders to
- Gain skills that will help improve their leadership capacity, effective communication, individual conflict technique
- Make new friends that share their interest in leadership.
- Earn "The Emerging Leader Certificate" and become part of one of NSU's most prestigious groups.
ELE happens during the fall and winter semester. Students wishing to participate must complete an online application; participate in the ELE Kick-Off and ELE Retreat!
ELE kickoff retreat is September 13, 2014, and the program officially starts the week of September 15.
Applying to the Program
Applications will be due on September 10, 2014.
All of the sessions will be in the Rosenthal Student Center, 2nd floor
ELE will be held on two different sessions Monday or Thursday from 4:00-4:15
All of the sessions will be in the Carl DeSantis Building, Room TBA from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 pm.
Click here to sign up for the Emerging Leadership Experience.
Emerging Leaders Experience 2
Once leaders have completed the ELE experience, they can move on to the second leadership program for Emerging Leaders – ELE 2. ELE 2 provides students with an opportunity to dive further into leadership, specifically focusing on team work. Student participants spend six weeks reading the text The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencione. Additionally, student participants will:
- Gain skills that will help you improve your trust, ego, and fear of conflict
- Improve methods of communication and accountability
- Develop a presentation in the area of effective leadership
Applying to the Program
- Applications are due September 10, 2014
- ELE 2 is for students that have already completed ELE.
- All of the sessions will be in the Rosenthal Student Center, 2nd floor
- ELE will be held on Friday from 4:00-5:15pm
- Click here to sign up for the Emerging Leadership Experience.
Greek Emerging Leaders Experience
Like ELE, Greek Emerging Leaders is a program built specifically for fraternity and sorority student leaders. Greek ELE focuses on leadership development but from a values based perspective. Students participate in this program and learn more about what it means to be in the fraternity and sorority community at NSU and how to live their values of their organization out through their actions.
Greek ELE happens each winter semester. For more information about the Winter 2015 Greek ELE, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (954) 262-7195.