Emerging Leaders Experience
"A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way." — John Maxwell
The NSU Emerging Leaders Experience is designed to prepare students to be effective leaders. Throughout your ten week experience, you will:
- Increase your self awareness regarding your unique strengths, leadership style, conflict style, and values while learning those of your peers.
- Gain insight into group process and the diverse ways individuals contribute to a group.
- Learn how to set SMART goals.
- Work with a group of committed leaders to plan a meaningful project.
- Gain skills that will help you improve your leadership capacity.
- Make new friends that share your interest in leadership.
- Earn "The Emerging Leader Certificate" and become part of one of NSU's most prestigious groups.
Applying to the Program
- Applications will be due on January 17, 2014.
- All of the sessions will be in the Carl DeSantis Building, Room TBA from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 pm.
- Click here to sign up for the Emerging Leadership Experience.
Razor's Edge students and staff encourage you to apply if you are coming into the university as a first time in college student, have leadership experience from high school, and are interested in continuing your leadership endeavors at NSU. Apply here.
For more information, please email the Office of Student Leadership and Civic Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (954) 262-7195.