Clubs and Organizations
Clubs and organizations exist at the Regional Campuses to complement the learning experience at Nova Southeastern University. Why should you get involved? Active involvement in out-of-class experiences can help you develop valuable leadership and organizational skills. You will also have the opportunity to meet other like-minded NSU students and participate in opportunities that will increase your job marketability. The clubs and organizations available at NSU’s Regional Campuses represent a wide range of student interests. So, what are you waiting for? Get involved!
Click on the location of your Regional Campus below for list of Clubs and Organizations:
Florida Student Nursing Association
The purpose of the Florida Student Nursing Association is to assume responsibility for contributing to nursing education, provide program representatives of fundamental interests and concerns to nursing students, and aid in the development of the whole person as a professional with responsibility for the health care of people of all walks of life. For more information please contact: Dan Rosario, President at email@example.com
The purpose of Friendly Fins is to provide community services and raise awareness for community organizations. For more information please contact: Hunter Glassie, President at firstname.lastname@example.org
NSU Fort Myers Soccer Club
Promote a healthy lifestyle and ignite passion for the “The Beautiful Game” through participation in local and competitive leagues and weekly kick around sessions. For more information, contact, Thomas Everts, President, at email@example.com
NSU Martial Arts Club
The purpose of the NSU Martial Arts Club is to teach and train in martial arts of all types and improve all members physical fitness level. For more information contact: Michael Ingle, President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sean P Grimes Physician Assistant Student Society
The Sean P Grimes Physician Assistant Student Society is organized and shall be operated exclusively for educational and scientific purposes that are beneficial to student education and patient care. To represent physician assistant students and to maximize the benefit of their services to the public as a medical professionals , the purpose of SPG-PASS shall be:
To serve as the official organization for physician assistant students
To promote academic achievement, clinical excellence, and professional growth
To promote the Physician assistant as a member of the health care team
To provide NSU-SWFL PA students an opportunity to interact with the Student Academy of the American Academy of Physician Assistants (SAAAPA) and the Florida Academy of Physician Assistants (FAPA); and
To provide NSU PA students an opportunity to interact with the Student Government of Nova Southeastern University.
To provide the PA students at NSU-SWFL the means of feedback to the faculty and staff through the means of our governing body.
The purpose of SteadFast is to lead others to a personal relationship through Jesus Christ alone with prayer and bible study. For more information, contact, Robertha Charles-Compere, President at email@example.com
Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
The Society for Human Resources Management objectives are to provide NSU-Jacksonville students with the opportunity:
- To gain knowledge and insight into the effective management of personnel in the field of Human Resource Management through affiliation with the sponsoring chapter of SHRM and the National SHRM organization;
- To promote the exchange of work-related experience of established business professionals with the theoretical academic perspectives of student and faculty members through open forums and information exchanges;
- To encourage the acquisition, growth and continuation of our respective careers in Human Resource Management through expanded knowledge, camaraderie, respect and mutual support among chapter members and through our affiliation with national, sponsoring and other student chapters;
- And to achieve these purposes, there shall be no discrimination in individual membership or chapter affiliations because of race, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, or national origin.
For more information, please contact Cynthia Farmer, SHRM Chapter Advisor 904-245-8921 firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tom Lemley Physician Assistant Student Society
The purpose of the student society is to promote academic achievement, clinical excellence, and philanthropy among the physician assistant students at NSU’s Jacksonville Campus. This society will pursue integrity, equality, dignity, and competence for the physician assistant as a health practitioner.
For more information about the Tom Lemley Student Society, contact the President, Peter Kimball, at email@example.com.
SWAP – Sharks With A Purpose – Community Service Club
SWAP is designed to bring students together by raising students’ awareness of community needs through volunteering, raising funds, and donating goods to local community programs and non-profit organizations. For more information about SWAP, contact President, Deannia Hester, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Athletic Supporters of NSU Miami
The purpose of The Athletic Supporters of NSU Miami is to engage and involve students in sporting activities through watch parties and local sports leagues, as well as a stronger sense of identity to the NSU Sharks Athletic Program. For more information please contact, Kristine Smith, President at email@example.com.
The Mentalist’s Psychology Club of Miami
The purpose of the Mentalist’s Psychology Club of Miami is to:
- Serve as the voice of the NSU Miami psychology students so as to advocate for services and initiatives that support the needs and interests of all psychology NSU Miami students.
- Promote ongoing communication between students, faculty, administration, and the local community.
- Initiative, coordinate, and facilitate student activities deemed desirable by The Mentalists Psychology Club of Miami, Student Affairs, or its constituents.
- Support the mission of the Division of Student Affairs to “foster student success and a university community.”
- Attend CommunityFest and Homecoming at the main campus in Ft. Lauderdale as a representative of The Mentalists Psychology Club of Miami.
- Participate in all The Mentalists Psychology Club of Miami functions throughout the year.
- Organization treasurer must attend SGA Miami Campus open meeting to request additional funding. Establishment/renewal funds may be formally requested via e-mail from the organizations treasurer to SGA Miami’s email.
- Increase student awareness of activities and events in order to foster student involvement in The Mentalists Psychology Club of Miami offerings. Also, work collaboratively with the Division of Student Affairs to represent The Mentalists Psychology Club of Miami at all Student Affairs activities.
- Attend all NSU Miami Student Affairs sponsored functions, including but not limited to, such as Family Fin Day and Class Celebrations.
- Participate in all required training programs and conferences, Leadership training in Miami, and End-of-the-Year Celebration, as determined by the NSU Miami SGA.
For more information, contact Janet Almonte, President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Living for Life
The purpose of Living for Life is for people from all walks of life to come together in order to help and truly live life while maintaining a positive attitude and make differences is other’s lives. For more information, contact Carolina Rojas, President at email@example.com.
Nursing Student Association (NSA) Miami
The purpose of the Nursing Student Association Miami is to be the representation of all student nurses at the Miami Campus of NSU. For more information, contact, Kenia Penia, President, at firstname.lastname@example.org
John L. Shanklin Physician Assistant Student Society
The purpose of John L. Shanklin Physician Assistant Student Society is to serve as the official organization for the students of the Nova Southeastern University-Orlando Physician Assistant program, to promote academic achievement and clinical excellence, and to promote the Physician Assistant as a member of the health care team.
For more information, contact Nicole Smith, President at email@example.com.
Sharketeer’s Community Service Club
The purpose of the Sharketeer’s Community Service Club is to provide students with the opportunity to network in the community and to have practical and meaningful volunteer experiences and to promote a positive message. For more information, contact Melissa Rosa, President at firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the recreation club is to promote positive student morale outside of the classroom and healthy, and an active lifestyle for NSU family. For more information contact, Julian Rodriguez, president, email@example.com.
Organization of Graduate Professionals (OGP)
The purpose of the OGP to unite graduate and alumni professionals through academic, social and professional opportunities to enhance career development and networking. For more information contact, Angela Simpson, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Soccer Club
The purpose of the Soccer club is to promote athleticism through soccer, provide professional development for pharmacists and pharmacy students, and serve the community through various service projects. For more information, contact Estefania Idarraga, Vice President at email@example.com.
Sharks in the Community (SIT-Comm)
Purpose: The purpose of Sharks in the Community (SIT-Comm) is to provide volunteer opportunities for the general NSU Tampa community, provide program-specific volunteer opportunities, gain skills working with the non-profit sector, increase students networking opportunities, and be a resource for other student organizations in the realm of volunteerism.
For more information, please contact Tracy Cintron at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Graduate Association of School Psychology (GraSP)
Purpose: To educate, motivate, and provide opportunities to graduate psychology students to advance their understanding of the educational process and mental health needs of children and adolescents through research, advocacy, assessment, collaboration, and mentorship. These articles will remain consistent with the graduate psychology department’s Policies and Procedures Handbook at Nova Southeastern University.
For more information, please contact Diana Gonzales at email@example.com .
Physical Therapy Student Association
For more information, please contact Carolyn Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Anesthesiologist Assistant Student Association
For more information, please contact Devin Poston at email@example.com .
If you didnít find a club or organization to join that meets your needs, start your own! Any student who is interested can put in a request to start a new club or organization. Once approved, all new organizations can request funding from the Student Government Association.