Policies and Procedures
The primary objective of the Don Taft University Center is to serve members of the NSU community, including students, alumni, staff, and faculty. Informal student use of the facility for social or recreational activities and events planned by student groups is considered to be a priority. If a registered student group or NSU department needs a meeting place, there are no better places on campus than the Don Taft University Center, the Rosenthal Student Center, or the Flight Deck.
To reserve space in these facilities, one must complete the University's online room request form at least ten business days in advance. Every effort will be made to accommodate group preferences for meeting rooms, although we do process the requests on a first-come, first-serve basis; thus requesting earlier increases the likelihood of your preferences being met.
All locations below will be accessible to the NSU community at all times.
- Rosenthal Student Center
- Student Lounge (Former Flight Deck)
- The Flight Deck
- Flight Deck
- Don Taft University Center
- North Lobby
- Second Floor Lounge
- Third Floor Lounge
- East Circle
- North Circle
- West Circle
Space Rental Policies
- NSU departments and University-chartered student groups will not be charged for room rental fees during normal operating hours.
- NSU faculty and staff members will not be charged room rental fees for normal university business (i.e., meetings, luncheons, receptions).
- Requests for rental space by professional organizations not affiliated with NSU should be referred to the Student Activities Office. Contact: (954) 262-7288.
- Groups wishing to cancel their reservation should contact the Student Activities Office at least 72 hours in advance of the reserved date. Failure to comply will result in a $50.00 fine plus additional costs above normal operations (i.e., security, equipment, staff, reservation fee, etc.). Repeated cancellations may result in the loss of reservation privileges.
- The reserving organization will be billed for any damage(s) incurred.
- The Office of Student Activities reserves the right to assign a group to alternate locations, when necessary.
- Groups should contact Chartwells at (954) 262-5302 for catering needs and must obtain a first right of refusal for alternative food requirements. If groups choose to bring food into the facility, the university is not liable for any food-related issues.
- Reserving The Flight Deck for Private Functions
- Policy on Showing VHS/DVDs
- Guest Policy
- Facility Policies