Policies and Procedures
The Flight Deck is a relaxed pub atmosphere complete with two pool tables, a ping-pong table, several televisions with Direct TV®, a professional sound system and more. Any Nova Southeastern University chartered student organization or NSU Department may reserve the Flight Deck by submitting a completed room request form, and/or emailing email@example.com, at least ten business days in advance.
Groups may schedule events during normal operational hours in the Flight Deck at no charge, but event attendees cannot be limited to your group; normal operational hours are open to everyone.
For use of the Flight Deck for events held during nights and/or weekends following normal operation hours or for private functions preferring the option of limiting patrons (to exclude those that are not invited or not members of your organization), there is a $75.00 per hour facility fee. For private functions in the Flight Deck, be sure to read our Guest Policy. Carry-on items and bags will be subject to search, at the discretion of the staff. Prohibited items will be confiscated.
The following is included in the $75.00 fee:
- Security (if needed)
- Tap and bottled beer for purchase
- Wine/Wine Coolers for purchase
- Chilled soda and water for purchase (billed back to group)
- Light snacks for purchase (chips, etc.)
- Pool tables
- Ping pong table
- Stereo/CD player (if requested)
- Any logistics necessary
Note: DJ services may be provided by RadioX at a nominal fee by calling (954) 262-8457. If you have your own DJ and would like to utilize Student Activities' DJ equipment, you may do so at a $25.00 fee. For more information, please visit the Reserving Equipment Web page.
Alcohol Service Information
Any group holding an event in The Flight Deck outside of normal operation hours that wishes to include The Flight Deck alcohol service must schedule a brief meeting with the Flight Deck Operations Manager or the Director of Student Activities, at least two (2) weeks in advance, to discuss guidelines and to complete necessary paperwork, including, an Alcohol Exemption Request Form* to be approved by the Director of Student Activities or the Flight Deck Operations Manager. All alcohol must be purchased and served by the Student Activities Office. Alcohol can be served up to a four (4) hour period and sales will end one-quarter hour prior to the event ending. For further guidelines or clarification, please consult the Guidelines for the Use of Alcohol at Student Activities Social Events.
Note: The Alcohol Exemption Request Form can be obtained through the Student Activities Office.
Planning a Private Party
When planning a private party in The Flight Deck, please keep in mind the following:
- At least ten business days notice is necessary to ensure staffing, alcohol requests, facility availability, and security scheduling needs.
- We will provide bartenders, floor servers, ID checkpoint, and security at no additional cost.
- If alcohol is requested, an Alcohol Exemption Request Form must be filled out at least two (2) weeks in advance and approved by the Flight Deck Operations Manager or the Director of Student Activities.
- If alcohol is to be served, an adequate amount of food and alternative non-alcoholic beverages must be available throughout the entire event at the cost of the group holding the event. Bring serving supplies for the food, because the Flight Deck does not provide this service.
- The Flight Deck can provide chilled sodas and water that can be billed to your group.
- If you have a theme, you must provide your own decorations, and they must be cleaned up immediately following the event. Please refrain from using confetti or glitter.