Office of Sponsored Programs
As a unit within the Office of Research and Technology Transfer, the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) mission is to foster NSU's research mission by providing support services and training to NSU faculty and staff in identifying, securing, managing, and ensuring compliance with external and internal funding for NSU's research, community service, and training initiatives.
The OSP is NSU's central point for pre- and post-award administration of externally sponsored programs funded by government and private sources for research, teaching/training and community service projects. OSP is a resource center that supports each phase of obtaining and managing awards, from proposal planning and submission to final reporting at project close-out.
- Pre-Award Services
- Post-Award Services
- Contract Review
The Office of Sponsored Programs works closely with the Grant Writing Laboratory to offer a full array of services to assist faculty and staff with obtaining sponsored funding. OSP pre-award services include:
- Identifying and disseminating funding opportunities;
- Liaising with funding sources;
- Review and interpretation of grant application instructions;
- Technical assistance with pre-proposal or proposal preparation issues;
- Developing/assisting with proposal budgets;
- Reviewing and submitting proposals;
- Administering electronic research administration functions working with various federal systems (i.e., Grants.gov, eRA Commons, Fastlane GrantsOnline, HRSA eHB’s)
- Completing university assurances/certifications;
- Resolving compliance issues;
- Coordinating review/processing of incoming contracts/subcontracts; and
- Providing workshops, in collaboration with the Grant Writing Laboratory.
- Assisting principal investigators/project directors in award administration;
- Interpreting and fostering compliance with sponsor rules, regulations, guidelines, etc.;
- Liaising with external sponsors;
- Maintaining proper fiscal management, in cooperation with the Contract and Grant Accounting Office
- Preparation of outgoing contracts/subcontracts to subrecipients;
- Preparation or assistance with the preparation of all funding agency reports, as required, in conjunction with the principal investigator and/or the accounting office;
- Assistance with non-competing continuation applications;
- Participation in audits; and
- Providing workshops in post-award management.
When funds for sponsored programs are awarded to the University via a contract (i.e., any contract or agreement), the Office of Sponsored Programs will coordinate the contract review and negotiation process, working with Principal Investigators, College/Centers, NSU attorneys, Risk Management, and other offices.
The purpose of contract review is to ensure that terms and conditions of the agreement are acceptable to the University, that sponsor requirements can be met, and that risk to the University is mitigated.
Contracts may only be signed by authorized officials of the University. The Office of Sponsored Programs coordinates this process.