- Soloviev, A.V. and R. Lukas, 2006: The Near-Surface Layer of the Ocean: Structure, Dynamics, and Applications. Springer, NY, 572 pp.
Chapters in Peer-Reviewed Books and Encyclopedias
- Soloviev, A., S. Matt, M. Gilman, H. Hühnerfuss, B. Haus, D. Jeong, I. Savelyev,
M. Donelan, 2011: Modification of turbulence at the air-sea interface due to the presence of surfactants and implications for gas exchange. Part I: laboratory experiment.
In: Gas Transfer at Water Surfaces, Kyoto University Press, 245 – 258.
- Matt, S., A. Soloviev, S. Rhee, 2011: Modification of Turbulence Air-Sea Interface Due to the Presence of Surfactants and Implications for Gas Exchange. Part II: Numerical Simulations. In: Gas Transfer at Water Surfaces, Kyoto University Press, 299-312.
- Soloviev, A. and B. Klinger, 2002: Convection: Convection in the Ocean. In: Encyclopedia of Atmospheric Sciences, University of Cambridge, UK, 521-528.
- Soloviev, A. and B. Klinger, 2001: Open Ocean Convection. In: Encyclopedia of Ocean Sciences, Academic Press, UK, 2015-2022.
- Soloviev, A., J. Edson, W. McGillis, P. Schluessel, and R. Wanninkhof, 2001: Fine Thermohaline Structure and Gas-Exchange in the Near-Surface Layer of the Ocean During GasEx-98. In AGU Monograph Gas Transfer at Water Surfaces, Eds. E.S. Saltzman, M. Donealn, W. Drennan, and R. Wanninkhof, 181-185.
- Soloviev, A. and P. Schluessel, 2001: A Model of the Air-Sea Gas Exchange Incorporating the Physics of the Turbulent Boundary Layer and the Properties of the Sea Surface. In: AGU Monograph Gas Transfer at Water Surfaces. Eds. E.S. Saltzman, M. Donealn, W. Drennan, and R. Wanninkhof, 141-146.
Selected articles in peer-reviewed journals
- Soloviev, A., C. Maingot, M. Agor, L. Nash, and K. Dixon, 2011: 3D Sonar Measurements in Wakes of Ships of Opportunity. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology, submitted.
- Dubrovin,K., E. Golbraikh, M. Gedalin, and A. Soloviev, 2011: Turbulent viscosity variability in self-preserving far wake with zero net momentum. Physical Review E 84, 027302-1 – 027302-4.
- Gilman, M., A. Soloviev, and H. Graber, 2011: Study of the Far Wake of a Large Ship. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 28, 720-733. LINK
- Brusch, S., S. Lehner, T. Fritz, A. Soloviev, and B. van Schie, 2011: Ship surveillance with TerraSAR-X. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (TGRS), 49(3): 1092-1103. PDF
- Soloviev, A.V. and R. Lukas, 2010: Effects of Bubbles and Sea Spray on Air-Sea Exchanges in Hurricane Conditions. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 136, 365-376. PDF
- Fujimura, A., A. Soloviev, and V. Kudryavtsev, 2010: Numerical simulation of the environmental effects on SAR imagery of ship wakes. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters 7, 646-649. [1 cited]. PDF
- Soloviev, A.V., M. Gilman, K. Young, S. Brusch, and S. Lehner, 2010: Sonar measurements in ship wakes simultaneous with TerraSAR-X overpasses. Geoscience and Remote Sensing, IEEE Transactions 48, 841-851. [4 cited]. PDF
- Soloviev, A., M. Donelan, H. Graber, and B. Haus, 2007: An approach to estimation of near-surface turbulence and CO2 transfer velocity from remote sensing data. Journal of Marine Systems (Elsevier) 66, 182-194. [4 cited]. PDF
- Soloviev, A.V., 2007: Coupled Renewal Model of Ocean Viscous Sublayer, Thermal Skin Effect and Interfacial Gas Transfer Velocity. Journal of Marine Systems (Elsevier) 66, 19-27. [3 cited]. PDF
- Katsaros, K.B., A.V. Soloviev, R.H. Weisberg, and M.E. Luther, 2005: Reduced Horizontal Sea Surface Temperature Gradients under Conditions of Clear Sky and Weak Winds. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 116, 175-185. [5 cited]
- Wanninkhof, R., K.F. Sullivan, W.P. Dammann, J.R. Proni, F. Bloetscher, A.V. Soloviev, and T.P. Carsey, 2005: Fairfield Tracing of a Point Source Discharge Plume in the Coastal Ocean Using Sulfur Hexaflouride, Environmental Science & Technology 39, 8,883-8,890. [8 cited]
- Katsaros, K.B. and A.V. Soloviev, 2004: Vanishing Horizontal Sea Surface Temperature Gradients at Low Wind Speeds. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 112, 381-396. [8 cited]
- Soloviev, A.V., M.E. Luther, and R.H. Weisberg, 2003: Energetic baroclinic super-tidal oscillations on the shelf off Southeast Florida. Geophysical Research Letters 30, No. 9, 1463, doi:10.1029/2002GL016603. [8 cited]
- Soloviev, A.V., R.J. Walker, R.H. Weisberg, and M.E. Luther, 2003: Costal Observatory Investigates Energetic Current Oscillation on the Southeast Florida shelf. EOS, Transactions, AGU 84, No. 42, 11 October 2003, 441-450.
- Soloviev, A. and R. Lukas, 2003: Observation of Wave Enhanced Turbulence in the Near Surface Layer of the Ocean During TOGA COARE. Deep-Sea Research Part I, 371-395. [22 cited]
- Shay, L.K., Cook, T.M., Peters, H., Mariano, A.J., Weisberg, R., An, P.E.., A. Soloviev, and M. Luther, 2002: Very high-frequency radar mapping of surface currents. IEEE Journal of Oceanic Engineering, vol. 27, No. 2, 155-169. [19 cited]
- Soloviev, A., R. Lukas, and H. Matsuura, 2002: Sharp Frontal Interfaces in the Near-Surface Layer of the Tropical Ocean. Journal of Marine Systems (Elsevier) 37(1-3), 47-68. [1 cited]
- Schluessel, P. and A. Soloviev, 2002: Air-sea gas exchange: Cool skin and gas transfer velocity in the North Atlantic Ocean during GasEx-98. Advances in Space Research 29(1), 107-110. [1 cited]
- Soloviev, A., R. Lukas, and P. Hacker, 2001: An approach to parameterization of the oceanic turbulent boundary layer in the western Pacific warm pool. Journal of Geophysical Research 106, 4421-4435. [5 cited]
- Shay, L. K., T. M. Cook, B. K. Haus, J. Martinez, H. Peters, J. VanLeer, A. J. Mariano, P. E. An, S. Smith, A. Soloviev, R. Weisberg, and M. Luther, 2000: VHF Radar detects submesoscale vortex along the Florida Coast. EOS 81, 209-213.
- Soloviev, A.V., R. Lukas, and P. Hacker, 2000: Horizontal structure of the upper ocean velocity and density fields in the western equatorial Pacific warm pool. Journal of Physical Oceanography 30, 416-432. [3 cited]
- Soloviev, A., R. Lukas, S., P. Hacker, H. Schoeberlein, M. Baker, and A. Arjannikov, 1999: A near-surface microstructure sensor system used during TOGA COARE. Part II: Turbulence Measurements. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 16, 1598-1618. [11 cited]
- Soloviev, A., R. Lukas, S. DeCarlo, J. Snyder, A. Arjannikov, V.Turenko, M. Baker, and D. Khlebnikov, 1998: A near-surface microstructure sensor system used during TOGA COARE. Part I: Bow Measurements. Journal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology 15, 563-578. [6 cited]
- Soloviev, A. and P. Schluessel, 1998: Comments on "Air-Sea Gas Transfer: Mechanisms and Parameterization". Journal of Physical Oceanography 28, 1643-1645. [2 cited]
- Soloviev, A.V. and R. Lukas, 1997: Sharp frontal interfaces in near-surface layer of the ocean in the western equatorial Pacific warm pool. Journal of Physical Oceanography 27, 999-1017. [12 cited]
- Soloviev, A.V. and R. Lukas, 1997: Observation of large diurnal warming events in the near-surface layer of the western equatorial Pacific warm pool. Deep-Sea Research 44, 1055-1076. [45 cited]
- Schluessel, P., A. Soloviev, and W. Emery, 1997: Cool and freshwater skin of the ocean during rainfall. Boundary-Layer Meteorology 82, 437-472. [14 cited]
- Soloviev, A.V. and R. Lukas, 1996: Observation of spatial variability of diurnal thermocline and rain-formed halocline in the western Pacific warm pool. Journal of Physical Oceanography 26, 2529-2538. [16 cited]
- Soloviev, A.V. and P. Schluessel, 1996: Evolution of cool skin and direct air-sea gas transfer coefficient during daytime, Boundary-Layer Meteorology, 77, 45-68. [43 cited]
- Soloviev, A.V. and P. Schluessel, 1994: Parameterization of the cool skin of the ocean and of the air-ocean gas transfer on the basis of modeling surface renewal. Journal of Physical Oceanography 24, 1339-1346. [81 cited]
- Kudryavtsev, V.N. and A.V. Soloviev, 1990: Slippery near-surface layer of the ocean arising due to daytime solar heating. Journal of Physical Oceanography., 20, 617-627. [15 cited]. PDF
- Soloviev, A.V., 1990: Coherent structure at the ocean surface in the convectively unstable conditions. Nature 346, 157-160. [15 cited]
Recent Seminars and Conference Presentations
- IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS 2011), 24-29 July, 2011, Vancouver, Canada.
- International Union of Geodesy and Geophysics General Assembly (IUGG 2011), 28 June-7 July 2011, Melbourne, Australia.
- Workshop on tropical cyclone-ocean interaction in the Northwest Pacific (TCOI), May 11-13, 2011, Jeju Island, Korea
- European Geosciences Union Assembly, April 3-8, 2011, Vienna, Austria
- 4th TerraSAR-X Science Team Meeting, February 14-16, 2011, German Aerospace Center (DLR), Oberpfaffenhofen, Germany
- AGU Fall Meeting, December 13-17, 2010, San Francisco, CA
- NASA Sea Surface Temperature Science Team (SSTST) Meeting, November 8-10, 2010, Seattle , WA
- Pan Ocean Remote Sensing Conference (PORSEC 2010), October 18-23, 2010, National Taiwan Ocean University, Keelung, Taiwan
- 17th AMS Conference on Air–Sea Interaction, September 27-30, 2010, Annapolis, MD
- IEEE International Symposium on Geoscience and Remote Sensing (IGARSS 2010), July 25-20, 2010, Honolulu, HI
- Summer WHOI School in Geophysical Fluid Dynamics, July 6-8, 2010, Woods Hole, MA
- Gas Transfer at Water Surface (GTWS-6) Symposium, May 17-21, 2010, Kyoto, Japan
- 29th AMS Conference on Hurricanes and Tropical Meteorology, May 10-14, Tucson, AZ
- NSF Workshop on Air-Sea Interaction under Tropical Cyclones, April 10-12, 2010, University of Rhode Island, RI
- Ocean Science Meeting 2010, February 22-26, 2010, Portland, OR
- European Space Agency Workshop SeaSAR 2010, January 25-29, 2010, Frascati, Italy
- 3rd ALOS Joint PI Symposium, November 9-13, 2009, Kona, HI
- OceanSAR 2009 Workshop (DLR), September 7-11, 2009, Herrsching, Germany