R.N. to B.S.N.
Nurses serve the fundamental healthcare needs of all people, and as the nursing profession continues to grow in size and scope, employers want to hire nurses with at least a bachelor's degree. The R.N. to B.S.N. program at Nova Southeastern University offers a convenient pathway to reach your potential.
Because you are already a professional registered nurse (R.N.), you have completed more than half of the requirements for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N.) degree. Plus, our program is designed for busy, working nurses. Small class sizes and experienced faculty help you complete the R.N. to B.S.N. degree in as few as 4 semesters.
What you'll study.
The R.N. to B.S.N. curriculum covers various facets of healthcare, including business, leadership, policy, and community service. NSU's on-site or online courses will help you grow as a leader and prepare you for stimulating, rewarding responsibilities.
As the nursing profession evolves under the new Affordable Care Act (ACA), you will want to become better informed and engage in new, transformational nursing research that can elevate your practice. Taking time to study the profession will empower you to provide better care now and to discover new, exciting roles in the future.
How you'll learn more.
Online courses and multiple on-site locations provide what you need, when and where you need it. Outside of the classroom, you will participate in local opportunities for health promotion and education that make a real difference for real people.
Dedicated and experienced faculty members make each R.N.-B.S.N. class meaningful.
Where it can take you.
A changing healthcare landscape means that opportunities for employment are widespread, both within and beyond traditional nursing settings. Demand is growing for nurses with at least the B.S.N. degree. The personal attention you’ll receive from our faculty will help you provide exceptional care now and discover exciting, new roles for your future. And if you choose to continue your nursing education beyond a B.S.N., you can do that here, too. You may also choose to apply for our RN to M.S.N. program and obtain a master's degree.
Tuition for the 2015-2016 academic year (subject to change by the board of trustees without notice) is $395.00 per semester credit hour.
There are a number of Florida and hospital grants available for the Nursing student. Additionally, student loan interest for nursing students is lower than for students seeking other degrees. The Financial Aid Office is eager to assist you to explore all possible financial aid options.
|Annual Rates (3 Semesters Fall/Winter/Summer)|
|Semester Credit Hour:
|One Time Application Fee:
|HPD General Access Fee:
|NSU Student Service Fee:
- One Time Application Fee - $50: This fee is non-refundable and is required with each application.
- Health Professions Division General Access Fee - $145: may be required each year.
- NSU Student Services Fee - $1050 (Effective July 1, 2012) is required annually. ( Split between 3 Semesters Fall/Winter/Summer)
- Extra Fees - Students will incur additional cost such as; Books, FNSA dues, uniforms, lab coat and Graduation Costs.
- Background Checks: The College pays for the first background check per student any additional background check will be funded by the student.
- All tuition charges and fees are subject to change by the board of trustees without notice.
The first semester's tuition and fees, are due on or before registration day. Tuition for each subsequent semester is due on or before the appropriate registration day. Students will not be admitted until their financial obligations have been met. The financial ability of applicants to complete their education at the college is important because of the limited number of positions available in each class. Applicants should have specific plans for financing 18 months of professional education. This should include tuition, living expenses, books, equipment, and miscellaneous expenses.
Each student is required to carry adequate personal medical and hospital insurance. Students may purchase Student Health Insurance for NSU Students through the University. Students who have adequate personal medical and hospital insurance may waive the Health insurance by filling out the Student Health Insurance Waiver.
Nova Southeastern University prepares nurses to deliver excellence in practice.
- Integrate knowledge, theory, and evidence-based research into current nursing practice.
- Assume a leadership role as a registered professional nurse in healthcare systems and diverse community settings.
- Engage in activities for continued professional growth.
- Exhibit leadership that supports healthcare policies and promote safe, quality nursing care within complex health care systems.
- Integrate evidence-based practices that support decision-making in the delivery of nursing care.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient and family centered nursing care based on nursing theories and evidence-based practice.
- Incorporate the concepts derived from liberal education to build an understanding of the human experience.
- Incorporate technology and information management to promote a safe practice environment.
- Engage in inter-professional collaboration to improve population health while considering fiscal and material resources in the delivery of safe nursing care.
- Integrate legal, ethical and professional values within generalist nursing practice.
- Collaborate with the inter-professional health community to provide culturally and spiritually competent patient and family centered care in health promotion and disease/injury prevention.
Credits Granted with R.N. License: 61
|Title ||Credits |
|Written communication (College-level written composition) ||6 |
|Social behavioral sciences (One PSYC and Human Growth and Development) ||6 |
|Arts & Humanities (Any HIST, ARTS, PHIL, HUMN, LITR, THEA, FILM, MUSC, DANC, WRIT or foreign language) ||6 |
|Mathematics (Math 1040 or above and Statistics from a college math department) ||6 |
|Natural/physical sciences (Credit with an R.N. License) ||* 12 |
Total General Education Credits: 36
|Course Number ||Course Title ||Credits |
|NUR 3000 ||Transition to Baccalaureate Nursing Education ||3 |
|NUR 3030 ||Health Assessment ||3 |
|NUR 3013 ||Transition to Professional Nursing ||3 |
|NUR 3031 ||Pathophysiology ||3 |
|NUR 4021 ||Transformational Nursing Leadership ||3 |
|BHS 3110 ||Health Care Ethics ||3 |
|NUR 3020 ||Theoretical Foundations of Professional Nursing Practice ||3 |
|NUR 3051 ||Introduction to Nursing Research ||3 |
|NUR 4161 ||Genetic Concepts ||2 |
|NUR 4151 ||Population Health: Promotion, Prevention, and Disease Management ||4 |
|NUR 4031 ||The Business of Health Care in Complex Systems ||3 |
|NUR 4171 ||Nursing and Health Care Trends ||3 |
Total Nursing Education Credits: 36