MSN Online Program
Leading the way to career advancement and mobility.
The online Master of Science in Nursing program is for nurses with a baccalaureate degree in any field and has an RN license. There are three unique tracks to earning the MSN. The master's degree in nursing prepares the experienced nurse to advance in the profession. Our MSN tracks in education, health systems leadership, and Nursing Informatics offer in-depth education by faculty experts in these fields:
- The nursing education track is for those nurses wishing to enhance their ability to transition to an academic or staff development position.
- The health systems leadership program is for nurses who desire a position of leadership within the unique organizational environment of health care.
- The Nursing Informatics program is for nurses who are nursing informatics interested in the field of nursing computer technology and information science.
Prepare to be a nursing leader in nursing education, health systems leadership and family nurse practitioner through these unique MSN program tracks.
MSN Program Goals
The graduate program builds on baccalaureate education and prepares graduates for advanced roles within the discipline of nursing.
MSN Program Outcomes
- Exhibit leadership through collaboration to promote quality and safety for improved patient outcomes.
- Transform clinical and educational practice through the integration of evidence.
- Design innovative strategies to improve practice environments.
- Incorporate knowledge of ethical and legal issues relevant to advanced nursing roles.
- Advocate for equitable healthcare policies that improve population health.
- Promote a culture of lifelong learning embracing professional nursing standards and values.
Nursing Education Track Outcomes
The student successfully completing the education track will be able to:
- Utilize evidence in educational design, implementation, and evaluation.
- Employ instructional strategies that recognize the diverse learner.
- Implement assessment and evaluation methods in a variety of learning environments.
- Analyze the teaching, scholarship and service roles of the nurse educator.
Health Systems Leadership Track Outcomes
The student successfully completing this track will be able to:
- Integrate leadership and systems theories to promote quality and safety within complex health systems.
- Utilize technology, evidence, and inter-professional collaboration to improve patient outcomes in complex health systems.
- Apply business principles and practices within a healthcare delivery model.
- Design change strategies to meet regulatory standards based on analysis of current trends and data.
Nursing Informatics Track Outcomes
- Examine the role of nursing informatics competencies and the professional standards on nursing informatics practice
- Develop skills necessary to implement health information technology for knowledge management and quality improvement.
- Describe key legal, regulatory, and ethical issues related to the utilization of health information technology.
- Apply leadership concepts to support the utilization of health information technology within the healthcare system.