Doctorate of Nursing Practice
The purpose of the Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) program at Nova Southeastern University is to prepare advanced practice nurses at the highest professional level of nursing practice to advance the application of nursing knowledge for the purpose of improving health care for diverse populations.
- Implement and evaluate nursing practice, including innovative approaches, based on scientific knowledge.
- Assume organizational and system leadership in the analysis, delivery, and management of nursing care.
- Critique and selectively translate science to guide clinical decision making, practice standards, and program development.
- Appraise and utilize current technologies to advance the quality and accessibility of care.
- Evaluate and influence health care policy and systems.
- Employ skills in effective communication, collaboration, consultation and leadership to create change that will improve patient and population health outcomes.
- Demonstrate expertise in developing, implementing and evaluating clinical prevention and population health activities within contemporary society.
- Assume specialized roles in advanced clinical practice.