Past and Future Events
INIM presents the 2015 Patient Conference, February 7th, 2015 at 1:00 PM
Rose and Alfred Miniaci Performing Arts Center on the main campus of Nova Southeastern University in Davie, Florida
INIM Research Seminar Series, February 6th
INIM Research Seminar Series, January 9th
INIM Research Seminar Series, December 5, 2014
INIM Research Seminar Series, November 7, 2014
“Work, Stress, and Immunity: Pathways to Sustainable Health” presented by Dr. Nancy Klimas
Monday, Sept. 8 from Noon–1:00 p.m. in the Mailman-Hollywood Building, Second Floor Auditorium
IACFS/ME Biennial International Research and Clinical Conference-March 20-23, 2014, San Franciso, CA
Miami 2014 Winter Symposium-The Molecular Basis of Brain Disorders- January 26-29, 2014, Miami, Fl
Paper presented by Dr. Travis Craddock, Dr. Gordon Broderick and Dr. Nancy Klimas "Fire in the Head: Exploring the Role of Homeostatic Drive in the Perpetuation of Neuroinflammation Brain Disorders"
Patient Conference - January 26, 2013, Nova Southeastern University
The Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine hosted a patient conference in the DeSantis Center at Nova Southeastern University.
Videos from the conference:
- Welcome and Introducing the INIM
Anthony J. Silvagni, D.O., Pharm.D., Dean NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
- INIM's Big Plan: Finding Effective Therapy for GWI, CFS/ME and Complex Medical Illnesses
Nancy Klimas, M.D., Director INIM, Chair Clinical Immunology, and Professor of Medicine, NSU-COM
- Voices of Hope: Patients with GWI, CFS/ME with stories of recovery
- The Basics: Treating: CFS/ME and GW
Irma Rey, M.D., Director of Medical Education INIM, NSU-COM
- Understanding Your Limits, a Key to Restoring Fitness
Connie Sol, MA Exercise Physiologist, INIM, NSU-COM
- The Important Role Family and Partners Play in Coping with Chronic Illness
Dolores Perdomo, Ph.D., LCSW, University of Miami
- Introducing the new GWI Consortium
Gordon Broderick, Ph.D., and Mary Ann Fletcher, Ph.D.
- Infection, Autoimmunity, and Illnesses
Mady Hornig, M.D. Columbia University, Principal Investigator, Pathogen Discovery Project, sposored by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative
- New Understandings, New Treatments
Dan Peterson, M.D., Sierra Internal Medicine, NV
- Leading Yourself to a Healthier YOU!
Lynn Lafferty, Pharm. D., director, NSU-COM Alternative Medicine Program, and Rebecca Halstead, former brigadier general, U.S. Army
- Panel Discussions: Is the Future Bright?
The Direction of Research and Care Sue Levine, M.D., director, Levine Clinic, New York City chair (all speakers)
- Closing Remarks
Kathy Assaf, chair, INIM Development Committee, NSU