Past and Future Events
“Work, Stress, and Immunity: Pathways to Sustainable Health” presented by Dr. Nancy Klimas
Monday, Sept. 8 from Noon–1:00 p.m. in the Mailman-Hollywood Building, Second Floor Auditorium
IACFS/ME Biennial International Research and Clinical Conference-March 20-23, 2014, San Franciso, CA
Miami 2014 Winter Symposium-The Molecular Basis of Brain Disorders- January 26-29, 2014, Miami, Fl
Paper presented by Dr. Travis Craddock, Dr. Gordon Broderick and Dr. Nancy Klimas "Fire in the Head: Exploring the Role of Homeostatic Drive in the Perpetuation of Neuroinflammation Brain Disorders"
Patient Conference - January 26, 2013, Nova Southeastern University
The Institute for Neuro Immune Medicine hosted a patient conference in the DeSantis Center at Nova Southeastern University.
Videos from the conference:
- Welcome and Introducing the INIM
Anthony J. Silvagni, D.O., Pharm.D., Dean NSU College of Osteopathic Medicine
- INIM's Big Plan: Finding Effective Therapy for GWI, CFS/ME and Complex Medical Illnesses
Nancy Klimas, M.D., Director INIM, Chair Clinical Immunology, and Professor of Medicine, NSU-COM
- Voices of Hope: Patients with GWI, CFS/ME with stories of recovery
- The Basics: Treating: CFS/ME and GW
Irma Rey, M.D., Director of Medical Education INIM, NSU-COM
- Understanding Your Limits, a Key to Restoring Fitness
Connie Sol, MA Exercise Physiologist, INIM, NSU-COM
- The Important Role Family and Partners Play in Coping with Chronic Illness
Dolores Perdomo, Ph.D., LCSW, University of Miami
- Introducing the new GWI Consortium
Gordon Broderick, Ph.D., and Mary Ann Fletcher, Ph.D.
- Infection, Autoimmunity, and Illnesses
Mady Hornig, M.D. Columbia University, Principal Investigator, Pathogen Discovery Project, sposored by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative
- New Understandings, New Treatments
Dan Peterson, M.D., Sierra Internal Medicine, NV
- Leading Yourself to a Healthier YOU!
Lynn Lafferty, Pharm. D., director, NSU-COM Alternative Medicine Program, and Rebecca Halstead, former brigadier general, U.S. Army
- Panel Discussions: Is the Future Bright?
The Direction of Research and Care Sue Levine, M.D., director, Levine Clinic, New York City chair (all speakers)
- Closing Remarks
Kathy Assaf, chair, INIM Development Committee, NSU