Travel and Study Abroad
What can be considered more exciting than witnessing and experiencing a new culture while progressing towards your program completion? The Office of International Affairs offers students assistance with study and travel abroad opportunities, and works closely with the schools, colleges and centers at Nova Southeastern University to support their international initiatives such as Travel Study, Study Abroad and Medical Rotations and/or Outreach Missions.
The Office of International Affairs provides NSU you with opportunities to explore the world while progressing towards your degrees. The programs offered can be for a semester, for the summer or even for an entire year. NSU is constantly looking for high quality partnerships to make sure NSU students are offered the finest opportunities to become the global citizens this world needs.
If you are thinking about joining a Study Abroad program, please follow these steps:
DECIDING TO GO ABROAD
Your Preliminary Checklist
- Get acquainted with the Study Abroad program that interests you (you can get brochures and information at the Office of International Students).
- Consult with your Academic Advisor as to the feasibility of this experience based on where you are in your NSU program.
- Select the courses you are going to take at the university abroad.
- Visit your NSU Academic Advisor to get approval for credit transfer of your selected courses and have form signed.
- If using Financial Aid $ (ONLY Federal) process Consortium Agreement.
- If you don't have a passport, please access this link and start the process: How to Get a Passport.
- Process VISA for the country you will be travelling to (if needed)
- Attend monthly meetings with the OISS Study Abroad Coordinator for pre-travel preparation (dates to be confirmed).
PREPARING TO GO ABROAD
BEFORE YOU DEPART
Preparing for Your Experience
The NSU Office of International Affairs prepares students who are going on their abroad experiences providing a series of training sessions. These sessions are scheduled by the OISS and they cover all the information related to getting ready to take advantage of this international experience.
Some Useful Tools:
- Student Handbook, Checklist, Questions, Resources
- Student Testimonials
- Useful Information
- Department of State STEP program
- GlobalScholar online Courses
NSU STUDY ABROAD OPPORTUNITIES
Study Abroad in Rome - American University of Rome
The American University of Rome (AUR), a coeducational, regionally accredited, private, independent American institution, has recently signed an agreement with Nova Southeastern University, offering our students the opportunity to experience the cultural metropolis of Rome while pursuing their studies. AUR offers quality programs in a city with a never ending montage of culture, art and rich history. Have a look as you consider the greatest points of employing The Eternal City as your personal classroom.
Shepard Broad College of Law Study Abroad Programs
FINANCING YOUR STUDY ABROAD EXPERIENCE - SOME RESOURCES
How would you feel about building your education with your own hands? With Travel Study, you are not only learning the method, but also participating in it as well. Instead of sitting in a classroom hearing lectures about rocks, minerals, and bone fragments, you can elect to go on an archeological dig. Nova Southeastern University offers a diverse list of over one hundred locations at which you can participate in programs directly related to your particular course of study, personal goal, or cultural question. Study French among the French, and study the fish among ocean life. Travel Study offers you a hands-on experience, which is key to excelling in any chosen field.
Whether it be for purely educational reasons or humanitarian efforts, students of Nova Southeastern University are offered the opportunity to travel abroad to participate in donating their time and skill in offering medical care to much needed areas of the world. Students are given the unique opportunity to experience, first hand, the struggles different countries and their citizens go through in order to develop proper and maintainable healthcare. These student doctors, traveling with faculty and seasoned medical professionals, are given the opportunity to work with patients in these countries and to make a difference while enhancing their medical skills.