On-campus employment is a benefit of your student visa status that allows you to work on-campus part-time (20 hours) while school is in session, and full-time (37.5 hours) during your approved vacations and breaks. There is no need for the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) or the Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) to approve on-campus employment. However, you must obtain a social security card and report your wages to the Internal Revenue Service.
Points to Remember
- You must maintain your visa status.
- You may only work part-time (20 hours) while school is in session.
- You may work full-time (37.5 hours) during approved vacations and breaks.
- You must be fully enrolled commensurate with your degree level and program of study (unless you have an approved Reduced Course Load).
- To get started with the process please visit http://www.nova.edu/financialaid/employment/index.html and follow instructions.